Extra Easy Advice please?

deborah.fell1

:mad:

I have been on the SW diet for a week - 1st weigh-in I lost a measly -1/21b, what I don't get is why only 1/21b?. I was so good, yes I did have sins (Curly Whirly) & half fat butter.

Please, advice desperately needed?

Thank you :break_diet:

Hello, I don't do EE but did you have your 1/3 of superfree with every meal or snack? I think that is what you have to do with EE. I personally prefer red / green days. Have you got a food diary, maybe post it and someone could look and advise?

Sorry I am not much help

xx

Sounds silly but are you eating and drinking enough? I've always found that if I don't drink much water I don't lose much, if anything. And the week I was I'll and barely ate I stayed the same.

What are you eating on an average day? I've seen a few new people in my group who only lost 1/2lb in the first week and then go on to lose 4 or 5 lb in the second week when their bodies caught up.

Stick with it, it really does work xx

It's so disheartening, but it does happen. My advice is don't let it get you down (easy to say I know).
You can have syns, around 10 a day, they will not stop you losing weight.
Did you weigh and measure healthy extras? Did you have a third superfree with your meals? Did you do a food diary for your consultant to look at? They should be able to tell you if you are doing anything wrong.

Is it the first time you have done SW? Sometimes it takes a while to get your head round the plans.

Stick with it. SW works and the weight will come off.

Have you got a food diary that you could show us? And did you fill one in for your consultant and hand it in? If you did, chances are your consultant can spot anything that may be slowing you down.

Also, weight loss rate depends on how much you have to lose - at first I lost easily, now the last half a stone is one big uphill struggle!

There's also your star week to consider - trust me, your cycle can have a lot to do with it, as can constipation, and I think we've all struggled with that, especially at first when the change in your everyday diet is still fairly drastic.

The main thing is to keep trying - you may even be struggling to properly get your head around the plan right now - but in time you will get it. Bulk up on those superfree foods, and I'm sure in a few weeks the pounds will be dropping off :)

Good luck, and we're all right behind you! :D

Hi Deborahfell1,
I am definately not an expert. I have not had great Wi results either. 11 1/2 lbs in 12 weeks and I too feel i have given it 100%.

All that has been said above agree with , but here is something to consider:-

Have you been dieting on an other plan recently before SW?
The increase in food can sometimes show a gain, as your body gets used to the new plan (think there is a thread about this on here, not read it but think i saw it)

Or were you trying to cut down and be "good" just before?
My daughter pointed this out to me. As I had been going it alone on another plan recently and had been attending another class for nearly 9 years on an off. So I should not expect 4 lbs off or 2 to 3 lbs each week. But I live in hope. he he

Do you normally eat "healthy" and also eat loads of fruit & veg?
Again if you do as I do , the only thing I am doing is cutting out the fats and reducing the added rubbish I would have normally combined with my "healthy" eating.
Hence like you I get STS or 1/2 off. Tho I have managed 3 @ 2lbs off, But never in a row.

So yes stick with it , it takes time to get your head round it and for your body to realise what is going on. I am "trusting the plan" and trying my best to ignore the scales.
Oh one last point :-
It sometimes takes the scales a week or two to catch up with your body.
So that 2lbs or 1lb registering on the scales may just be waiting for you at your next WI.

Good Luck.

I have trouble having the 1/3 superfree so find original days work better for me. Without a doubt the plan works, perhaps play about with different days and see what suits you best.

I think it's a common myth that the first weeks dieting loss is massive!

There are some good points made in the above posts as to why you may have had a small loss.....albeit a loss, you have to remember that! ;)

From my own experience, I have had all different amounts of 'first weeks' loss. The most being 7 lbs, the least being half a lb!! No rhyme nor reason to it either, as mostly my start weights were about the same!

The main thing is you continue. I always think it's best to average losses over a month and try not to get despondent at weekly losses. As long as the overall trend is downwards, we shouldn't worry too much about what happens in-between. Easier said than done, I know, but it's sensible to keep this in the back of your mind.

Example: SW Carbonara recipe = free on extra easy, so can I eat as much as I want? I have followed SW recipes for the whole week.

Yeah its free but you still need to add one third superfree foods with it, I used to have a tendency to think its free so its ok but its not going to help you lose weight if you dont eat your fruit/veggies/salad with it .
Try making an effort this week to make sure your plate is one third or half full of veggies and I am sure it will make a difference.

Yeah its free but you still need to add one third superfree foods with it, I used to have a tendency to think its free so its ok but its not going to help you lose weight if you dont eat your fruit/veggies/salad with it .
Try making an effort this week to make sure your plate is one third or half full of veggies and I am sure it will make a difference.
Thank you! I think this is where I am going wrong, I will take your advice & hopefully lose more next weigh-In :)

I only lost 1/2lb my first week then I lost eight the next week!

Like the others said loads of things can affect it, such as whether you were already eating healthily beforehand, time of the month, did you get weighed at the same time of day, wearing the same kind of clothes etc etc etc. How much do you have to lose? If its not a great amount 1/2lb might not be bad at all.

Like the others said the 1/3 superfree is key and make sure you're snacking on superfree food above any other food if you can.
Also not eating enough can be as bad as eating too much. Good luck x

deborah.fell1 said:
Thank you! I think this is where I am going wrong, I will take your advice & hopefully lose more next weigh-In :)

I had the same problem my first week. Lost 1lb as i had not got the superfree proportion right. I'm a relatively slow looser, but i've still lost nearly 3 stone now so it does work!

Generally speaking i tend to look at my plate, aak if i've got enough superfree on the plate. If in doubt - i add more.

Back