Advice please.!

autumnbabe

Gold Member
At the monent im on Atkins and have been since feb. i have lost a stone and 4 lb.
I'm a bit nervous about starting a new diet plan as atkins is all about low carb high protien.

But something doesn't lay right with me with atkins, as I like fruit and eat alot of salad and chicken. So i thought maybe i would be best calorie counting.
At the moment im 12 stone 12. Im getting married in July and would like to lose another half stone. Do you think it would be possible for me to do that in 8 weeks. counting calories and not starving myself.?? As long as im not hungry all the time i can stick to a diet plan.
Any advice would be great please

Well done with your losses so far. I would say that half a stone is definitley possible in 8 weeks. Have you joined myfitnesspal.com I think most calorie counters here use this. If you enter all your details and how much weight you would like to lose a week (in your case about 1lb) it will tell you how many calories you should be eating to achieve this. You also log all your food there and it really helps you keep on track. It gives you nutritional info too.

I've been calorie counting and really upped my exercise since Feb and have lost 2.5 stone. It has been unbelievably easy. I still have treats but it's not cheating as I just make sure I'm counting my calories. For example I will be having tea from the chippy down the road tonight. It's a high calorie meal but I have been cycling and did a long fast swim this morning and have earnt myself an extra 644 calories for today. So bring it on!

I've done various diets in the past and I can honestly say that this has been the easiest and it isn't really a diet. It's just a case of monitoring how much you are eating. It fits so well into everyday life.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

thank you for your encouragement. so by counting calories will my fitness pal tell me how many calories are in certain foods. i do jillain Michaels 30 day shred level 3 at the moment and that burns 296 cals will have a look later at my fitness pal. thank you again.

i have registered with my fitness pal and have put in what i haven't eaten today and it says i haven't eaten enough. so will write down everything tomorrow to be accurate.

Good luck, such an exciting deadline for you!!

Half a stone is definitely possible in 8 weeks, I also use mfp and it's great, the database is huge, I'm yet to find a food which is not in it, and since I have mfp on my phone I just scan the label and it automatically finds the food and all details.

oh wow. i also have the app on my phone and didn't know you could just scan labels. what bar code app do you use?
i have been using mfp for 2 day and Im impressed.

Back