Advice Please

Naturally_Stush

Hi There,

Imreally indecisive so don'tmind me!
I'min quiet a dilemma really... My target weight is 11.7/11 stone. I'm 12.13 at the mo, but after stopping and restarting this diet so many times I just can't take it no more.
I'm thinking about going on to a higher plan? Iknow the weight loss will be slower but right now I'm lucky If I even lose a lb a week!
So my questionto you guys is....
WHAT WOULD U DO?

XX

If I decided this diet wasn't for me, for whatever reason, I would look at other options.
You have to do what works for you.

For me it means taking food away completely. I find that easier than calorie counting and exercising!

For you it might be that increasing exercise and/or counting calories works. Perhaps your doctor can advise on options available to you. Are there any classes for things like yoga near you? They often firm and tone and work well with things like calorie counting.

Good luck whatever you do :)

Hi There,

Imreally indecisive so don'tmind me!
I'min quiet a dilemma really... My target weight is 11.7/11 stone. I'm 12.13 at the mo, but after stopping and restarting this diet so many times I just can't take it no more.
I'm thinking about going on to a higher plan? Iknow the weight loss will be slower but right now I'm lucky If I even lose a lb a week!
So my questionto you guys is....
WHAT WOULD U DO?

XX

Not meaning to poo poo your good intentions, but at only 2 stone to loose, why are you putting yourself through the cd diet? Surely if it's difficult for you you'd be much better using weight watchers or slimming world?

Hugs x x x

Not meaning to poo poo your good intentions, but at only 2 stone to loose, why are you putting yourself through the cd diet? Surely if it's difficult for you you'd be much better using weight watchers or slimming world?

Hugs x x x

Heya, well thank you that is exactly what I've been thinking but wouldnt it be a risk? because of the jump in calorie intake??

Not poo pooing at all, but personally I found that starting CD at 15st 6 with a bmi of 35 was easier than I'm managing the diet just now and I only have a stone and a half left. It feels like the longest stone and a half ever. The diet feels harder at times the closer you get.

I don't think I would have understood 3 stone ago. And I too have stopped and started so many times, the problem is that if I went to WW now it would take ages and I'd kick myself for not hanging in for thise extra 6 weeks on CD and be finished, but these last 6 weeks on CD are increasing hard and seem really long.

Any of that make any sort of sense?

Heya, well thank you that is exactly what I've been thinking but wouldnt it be a risk? because of the jump in calorie intake??

I shouldn't think so lovely. :rolleyes: hmmm...i'm not sure though, i'd maybe phone the cd helpline, they are very good with queries like that.

Hugs x x x

Its not a risk, but the "danger" lies in the water regain if you start on a high carb diet again, as CD gets rid of that water weight. However if you've not been as 100% as you could have been then you might not see as much of a jump as you would normally expect.

The calories won't matter, as as long as you are taking in less than your Basic Metabolic Rate you will still lose. The rate at which you lose will obviously be slower than Cambridge as the calorie deficit won't be as much.

Hope this helps

I'm looking at the diet from a different viewpoint as I'm relatively new with it but there is a thread for those struggling close to target - have you looked there?

naturally Stush said:
And I too have stopped and started so many times, the problem is that if I went to WW now it would take ages and I'd kick myself for not hanging in for thise extra 6 weeks on CD and be finished, but these last 6 weeks on CD are increasing hard and seem really long.

Any of that make any sort of sense?

Absolutely. This is such a common problem. I call it the close to target chatterbox :D

I see it over and over again. People who change diets, but then often return (copy/paste/copy/paste etc)

As you get closer to goal, you have to find a new motivation. You were probably running away from being fat, and now you are slimmer, the need to run away isn't so strong. So what about a running 'to'?

Find a good enough reason to want to get to goal, and it'll be so much easier.

I'd really recommend staying on Cambridge, as it works so well. If going up a plan feels better, do it...but be warned, the grass is always greener on the other side.

You may think that adding something would make it easier. Sometimes it does, sometimes it makes it harder.

Give yourself some mini goals. Not necessarily weight ones, but perhaps 7 days 100%...exactly as the book etc.

Come on. Stick with it. Get it done and dusted. This is such a short time in the grand scheme of things. Don't prolong the agony ;)

Enjoy the feeling of being in control again. Enjoy the diet, because hopefully, you wont need to do it again ;)

Back