Advice Re Xmas

If you refeed do you have to do the full week??
I was planning to do the 1st 3 strict low carb days pre Xmas and have my Xmas dinner minus the potatoes then straight back to 100% on boxing day
I don't trust myself to go back 100% after 8 days of eating but dont want to not sit down for Xmas dinner with my family

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey yeah I was thinking of not doing the full week refeed but I was advised to do it so going to do it but hopefully going to stick to it in every detail because ive seen people actually lose between 1 - 3 lbs in refeed week when they stick to it so it can be achieved ! In the refeed prog think towards the end you have 1 shake and 2 meals you could change that to have 2 shakes and one meal from the menu just an idea !! x

That's maybe an idea. Will have to have a better look at the refeed rules but will concentrate in getting through week 1 first :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey yeah I was thinking of not doing the full week refeed but I was advised to do it so going to do it but hopefully going to stick to it in every detail because ive seen people actually lose between 1 - 3 lbs in refeed week when they stick to it so it can be achieved ! In the refeed prog think towards the end you have 1 shake and 2 meals you could change that to have 2 shakes and one meal from the menu just an idea !! x

Hi Yes We Can,
It sounds like you want to be able to drink alcohol - if that's the case then definitely, you should do the full refeed week to ensure you're out of ketosis and don't risk making yourself sick from it.

Susie G - similarly, I think your 3 day refeed sounds like a good plan, as long as you don't want any alcohol...

Are your families aware and supportive of your diets? I think that's important - make it clear that you very much want to join them in the celebrations, but you need to be careful not to go off-course, so please could they not offer cake or chocolates or whatever... Perhaps emphasize the potential health hazard of introducing too much carbohydrate too soon - potentially overloading your body with glycogen and water that will make it so much harder for you to get back to the 100%...

Best of luck to you both with however you decide to go,
Marianne x

Hi Yes We Can,
It sounds like you want to be able to drink alcohol - if that's the case then definitely, you should do the full refeed week to ensure you're out of ketosis and don't risk making yourself sick from it.

Susie G - similarly, I think your 3 day refeed sounds like a good plan, as long as you don't want any alcohol...

Are your families aware and supportive of your diets? I think that's important - make it clear that you very much want to join them in the celebrations, but you need to be careful not to go off-course, so please could they not offer cake or chocolates or whatever... Perhaps emphasize the potential health hazard of introducing too much carbohydrate too soon - potentially overloading your body with glycogen and water that will make it so much harder for you to get back to the 100%...

Best of luck to you both with however you decide to go,
Marianne x

Thanks Marianne

My hubby knows I am on it and have told my parents that Im on Atkins as I know my Mum will just worry herself sick if she thinks Im not eating at all
I thought that was the best way all round as Atkins still gets me out of eating carbs and all the chocs etc without anyone trying to persuade me to "have a day off" like they would on a low cal diet.
Not drinking doesn't bother me at all, I just want to have a nice xmas dinner with my family and apart from knowing that I would find it near impossible to stay 100%, if by some miracle I managed I would just have everyone else worried about me and feeling guilty about eating in front of me:(

Yeah I cant wait for Oz I'm suppose to be over there now but put it off because 1. I was overweight and 2. my best friend got time off work for a year and can go feb so I decided to wait for her :) should be good only thing is im leaving behind my family friends job and OH so big decision but your only young once right :) x[/QUOTE]

You are going to have a blast. I went there for 6 months when I was 25 and went back again last Christmas, if you can make it to Tasmania do - it's beautiful.

Just a bit of a heads up as the cost of living isn't cheap (food particularly)... it might be a good idea to think about how you will maintain your loss when you're out there, as it's all too easy to drink and eat junk (doesn't help that there is free wifi in every MacDonalds - pulling in the travellers)? I'd hate for you to work this hard and then struggle while you are out there. Maybe have a think about it and get yourself a plan of action before you go xxx

You are going to have a blast. I went there for 6 months when I was 25 and went back again last Christmas, if you can make it to Tasmania do - it's beautiful.

Just a bit of a heads up as the cost of living isn't cheap (food particularly)... it might be a good idea to think about how you will maintain your loss when you're out there, as it's all too easy to drink and eat junk (doesn't help that there is free wifi in every MacDonalds - pulling in the travellers)? I'd hate for you to work this hard and then struggle while you are out there. Maybe have a think about it and get yourself a plan of action before you go xxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks Josie believe me this is one of my biggest fears!! I'm going with my friend who has been losing weight with ww over the last years so this too is her biggest fear so we have both talked about it! Hopefully we will both help each other and keep each other on track! I suggested to her about buying a scales and weighing ourselves twice a week! I heard that it's cheaper to buy junk food then healthy food over there :( I was hoping we were so poor couldnt afford big dinners lol !

So Tasmania is good defo take a trip there so :) thanks for the advice don't really know where to be going over there like whats good etc so every little helps :) Oh im so excited can't wait :) x

Back