Advice???

adam7860

Hi. I'm absolutely unsure on how these diets work as the websites I have viewed are pretty vague. But I'm interested in either the lipotrim diet or exante. The exante is cheaper which is an incentive however lipotrim is just shakes which would be ideal. Or does anyone know any other diet that just does shakes and is cost effective. Do these shakes contain fibre and if you're just having liquids will you not need a number 2. Also, how do you reintroduce food back into your diet when you want to go back to eating healthy solid foods?? I'm unsure on that part as you don't want to ruin all that hard work when you return to a healthy diet. Does it work as in when you decide you have reached your target you can resume to eat solid foods, but obviously healthily and to exercise. My job involves me to be quite active during the day for 8 hours running from here to there in a warehouse, so will a low calorie diet affect me, as i don't want to feel light headed or faint or anything. As you can tell I need educating in these types of diet, so can anyone help. Thanks

Basically the Exante and Lipotrim work by putting your body into Ketosis. Best to do a web search for that as I don't think I'd explain it well. Lipotrim website has a video on it which you'd need to watch first anyway and they do explain Ketosis on their and how the diet works.
There is a maintenance/refeed period where you follow the instructions and suggestions. You do need to be ready to adjust your food habits, you can't just eat whatever you want at the end and not gain the weight back. For Lipotrim, you could talk to the pharmacist about the whole program to put your mind at east. I assume the info for Exante is on their website.
A lot of people experience light-headedness in the beginning of a VLCD so if you decide on one, you might want to start it on a weekend. You also have to drink lots of water and for the first few days, you find yourself needing the loo a lot. Yes, you will still have number 2s!

Slim and save is cheaper than Exante and has a huge range of shakes if they're all you want tho I have to say the meal packs are gorgeous

Oh thank you I will call in at a pharmacy to ask about lipotrim and watch the video. Going to look at slim and save website now thanks.

Hey Adam, I've started with Cambridge and for the whole week I'm £48.00. These diets are not for the faint hearted, you have to have a iron will to maintain your ketosis, I have however forms a wry to cheat. I have four milkshakes a day and aim for around 3.5 litres of water. My friend advised me that I can also have one can of coke zero or Dr pepper zero per evening as a treat and if you really are struggling. I have cooked a small portion of chicken on the wok at night time instead of using a shake, trust me it really helped me get though the initial stage. I've done it before and lost a lot of weight, for those who disagree with me about the chicken. Chicken is pure protein and should not effect your ketosis as long as your not eating to much. You can still flavour it with pepper and a little salt. I should stress ! I only do this when I am super low and need the sensation of food. You can also have very small amounts of sugar free jelly too but check ingredients for citric Acid ! If you take that you will most certainly come out of ketosis :) best of luck mate ! You can do it :)

If you need support ! I would stick to Cambridge Diet, as far as I can see its the best one with a consultant and the best value :) as a posed to lighter life

Exante do just a shake bumper pack, also lipotrim have an offer of £5 off of a weeks supply atm x

i was looking at exante and some of the other vlcd's but in the end i went for the lipotrim for the simple reason that it is medically supervised and non of the others are

That's true Starlight. I've been seen before by other staff when the Lipotrim person isn't there. There is the medical program where you're monitored by a GP, that's usually because of other health issues, but I haven't seen anyone on that one. I think each diet has differing benefits and you just have to pick the one that suits you.

I would rather be there with someone who can support you and advise you on the next step. Wouldn't want to do it all alone tbh. Thanks for your help everyone :)

I started on Lipotrim and did love it and lost over a stone and a half in 3 weeks but I have a very active job and found I couldnt maintain my energy levels and really strated to suffer. The Pharmacist advised me to look at other VLCD's and choose one that had the option on protein meals. I chose Slim and Save which was brill and very tasty. I loved the amount of options you had with it and the weightloss was staying the same as Lipotrim. I have however still suffered with chronic fatigue and no energy in my job and as I have lost most of the weight I wanted to and only have 11lbs left I have decided to refeed and finish off losing weight with calorie counting and using the slim and save sachets up. Alsmost finished my week of refeed and still losing :-D

Hi. I tried the asda meal replacement shakes. They were nice shakes, however it's not for me. I literally just looked forward to the meal in the evening. So after trying it out, I've decided to go with the healthy eating option and calorie counting. As i think thats best suited to me. So hopefully should work for me. Thanks for advice everyone. Wish me luck :)

Back