Advise from CDC

Sunny1985

Hey CDC's sorry to be a pain, but I was wondering if you had any advice for someone like me who has sarted binge eating all of a sudden after being so good on the diet for 6 months , and now I am struggling to get back on!:argh: I have binged for about 2 weeks andd put on about a stone! I dont want to go back to my old ways, but I feel out of control!!:cry::needhug:

This sounds like me - will be very interested to see what answers/ideas you get. Have to admit I'm my own worst enemy and can talk myself into anything, then get fed up that I've done it so eat some more etc etc.

So afraid I'm lacking on advice to you but wish you all the best with sorting it out.

hello i'm not a cdc but i found that bu going up a step stopped me binging... i'm now on 1200 and apart from the odd haribo and curve ball i'm ok!

hi, i'm not a cdc either but didnt want to read and run!
i do cant stop eating, but luckally have only put on 3lb!
i went to a festival for the weekend and decided to have it "off"
that was 3 weeks ago and i havent been back on since.
i'm good in the day, fruit, cereal etc, then late in the evening i cram loads of bisciuts, crisp cheesy besns on toast curry, anything bad.
dunno why i do it either, feel bad too, if i'd stuck to cd i'd nearly be at goal.
depressing hey??!!
good luck with the rest of your journey. xxxxxx

Hey CDC's sorry to be a pain, but I was wondering if you had any advice for someone like me who has sarted binge eating all of a sudden after being so good on the diet for 6 months , and now I am struggling to get back on!:argh: I have binged for about 2 weeks andd put on about a stone! I dont want to go back to my old ways, but I feel out of control!!:cry::needhug:

Hia Sunny,

This is the six million dollar question. A couple of years ago I lost 100lb with LL (similar to CD), and became slim for the first time. Why did I chuck it all away and put on most of the weight again (about five stone)? Why did I wait so long before facing what I was doing and stopping?

I know exactly where you are just now. It is a horrible, scary, frustrating and distressing place to be and I offer you :hug99: a virtual hug.

Firstly, huge congratulations on staying on CD for six whole months :happy096:. That in itself and is a great achievment and you should feel proud of yourself.

How do you feel about returning to CD again? Can you even face the possibility of returning to it? Can you take a few minutes to sit down with a pencil and paper and write down thoughts and feelings you have been bingeing to avoid these past two weeks? What is stopping you from stopping?

I am asking these questions because I know that when I want to eat, I switch off to any thoughts of stopping, or questioning what I am doing. It's like putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "no,no I can't hear you" with your eyes closed! That's because I want the feelings I get from eating, and I want them NOW, and nothing will stop me getting them.

The hardest thing is to resist the impulse to binge, or eat emotionally. It isn't physically painful, but leaves me feeling emotionally bereft, alone, anxious, angry, etc.

OK Sunny, the next time you want to binge, can you take the time to write down how it makes YOU feel to resist. Explore those feelings. Identify them.

Please be kind to yourself, you've come a long way, you have achieved a lot, and your weightloss journey will be filled with problems, pitfalls, and other snags which will try to catch you unaware.

I am on CD at the moment, and I am enjoying being back on meal supplements. They take me away from the insanity of food and eating. Give me a breathing space while I try to find ways to learn hard lessons about emotional eating.

Hope you have a good Saturday,

AJ

Amanda has said it very well, and I will try to get on with her advice as well. I am not binging, but I have been having a bit of food here and there, and since tasting real food it's hard to get back on the program. I recommend to anyone thinking of a night off to think twice.

The hardest thing is to resist the impulse to binge, or eat emotionally. It isn't physically painful, but leaves me feeling emotionally bereft, alone, anxious, angry, etc.

AJ

For ages I have tried to put into word my feeling on the matter and you have just hit the nail on the head

Sunny - I can offer no advice on this as I often find myself with the same feelings. Just wanted to post to say you're not alone and I hope you find a way through this

xx

Hi Sunny- Have you thought about starting on 1000 for a few days or 810 for a week to ease yourself back in.May help to have a meal in the evening to get you thru the rest of the day ?? I am doing the 810 plan and my CDC has said that my losses are not a lot less then if i was on SS. Just thought it might help you. Also sending you some Hugs XxX :0)

I've been exactly the same. I did over 6 months without cheating once and lost 108lbs. I went through the three month premature birth of twin grandchildren, the birth of another grandchild, the hospitalisation of my husband for 6 weeks, then 3 weeks later, his sudden death from something totally unrelated. In all that time, I didn't cheat once. However, the weight loss slowed right down and, as I was still doing SS I put it down to stress.

Suddenly two weeks ago, I couldn't stop eating and I too binged. As fast as I tried to get back on CD, I saw and bought more food - and not healthy food either! I put on 6 lbs. I've now been back on SS for 5 days and have been fine again - but its taken some will power!! I've traced my really hungry (peckish?)times to when I'm doing paperwork and am bored: I think getting something to eat or drink is an avoidance technique........!

I'm away from home at the moment but will be interested to see how much I've managed to lose this week. I just hope I've got that 6 lbs off........!!

Grandma

OMG what a time you have had and an inspiration to hear you get on with things! Well done, congrats and a big hug and kiss for you.

Sunny, I have only been on 2 days of CD this is the 3rd, however we I used to eat/deviate from previous diets I just got back on with it at the next meal which is usually only a couple of hours away rather than wait for the next meal. if i ate after my dinner I just drunk lots of water and G/tea's.

So you can and will/are getting back up on the horse and riding your way back to Slimsville town.

Bren
X

"I did over 6 months without cheating once and lost 108lbs"

Way to go, Grandma!

What a fab inspiration for others. Good luck on getting rid of the rest...

AJ

Hia Sunny,

This is the six million dollar question. A couple of years ago I lost 100lb with LL (similar to CD), and became slim for the first time. Why did I chuck it all away and put on most of the weight again (about five stone)? Why did I wait so long before facing what I was doing and stopping?

I know exactly where you are just now. It is a horrible, scary, frustrating and distressing place to be and I offer you :hug99: a virtual hug.

Firstly, huge congratulations on staying on CD for six whole months :happy096:. That in itself and is a great achievment and you should feel proud of yourself.

How do you feel about returning to CD again? Can you even face the possibility of returning to it? Can you take a few minutes to sit down with a pencil and paper and write down thoughts and feelings you have been bingeing to avoid these past two weeks? What is stopping you from stopping?

I am asking these questions because I know that when I want to eat, I switch off to any thoughts of stopping, or questioning what I am doing. It's like putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "no,no I can't hear you" with your eyes closed! That's because I want the feelings I get from eating, and I want them NOW, and nothing will stop me getting them.

OK Sunny, the next time you want to binge, can you take the time to write down how it makes YOU feel to resist. Explore those feelings. Identify them.

Please be kind to yourself, you've come a long way, you have achieved a lot, and your weightloss journey will be filled with problems, pitfalls, and other snags which will try to catch you unaware.

I am on CD at the moment, and I am enjoying being back on meal supplements. They take me away from the insanity of food and eating. Give me a breathing space while I try to find ways to learn hard lessons about emotional eating.

Hope you have a good Saturday,

AJ

Fantastic post AJ :clap: I found myself doing the "Yeah"...:eek:...too right...oh my...I used to do the 'fingers in the ears business'.

It's an overwhelming urge to turn off everything we know to be right for us...and just sabotage it by living for that very destructive moment.

I can see how stopping and writing it down would really help. Probably for different reasons mind you...but the result will be the same:cool:

Thanks guys with all your help! I am so glad I am not the only 1! I hit a big low when I wrote that message! I did binge today, but I now feel that I am ready to start again tomorrow! I know it will take will power for the first week, but I do feel stronger! I just hope it doesn't fizzle like it did at 9am this morning! Thanks guys! I will keep you updated !

Back