After a few weeks of thinking...

Loser85

Gold Member
i've decided to come back to WW. A VLCD just isnt viable for me right now with money being tight. Need to think logically about this and realise i can still lose weight whilst eating and save some pennies too. Not saying its going to be easy as i still have that annoying wee voice thats reminding me how quick i lost weight with Exante but im going to ignore it and buckle down with WW. I need to get back to a healthy frame of mind regarding food now.

Wish me luck folks! :D

Good luck. I'm losing, on average, 10lb a month with WW - not far off the 1 stone a month that most VLCDs promise.

I have never tried/ understood VLCD but have always done WW. Are VLCD expensive? My thinking is if you can be committed enough to stick to the shakes (if I have understood it properly) then surely you can stick with a less restrictive plan.....or is this the bit I don't understand.... Anyway good luck with WW..you can do it.

With a VLCD once you get past the first 3-4 days you feel fantastic. No hunger and lots of energy. Eventually the cravings stop and food isnt constantly on the mind.

WW on the other hand because it allows everything i feel it gives me license to eat what i shouldnt. (i know thats not the case but my dodgy brain seems to think so)

Both plans have pros and cons but VLCD's do tend to be expensive.

With a VLCD once you get past the first 3-4 days you feel fantastic. No hunger and lots of energy. Eventually the cravings stop and food isnt constantly on the mind.

WW on the other hand because it allows everything i feel it gives me license to eat what i shouldnt. (i know thats not the case but my dodgy brain seems to think so)

Both plans have pros and cons but VLCD's do tend to be expensive.

See, I thought the fact that you restrict yourself to just shakes would be the answer to my problems. But it wasn't. But then I don't do WW as recommended. I don't allow myself anything as long as it is pointed. I steer clear of my trigger foods so have definite 'banned' items.

I agree Willow, certain foods definately set off binging behaviour.

For me i used Exante for health reasons but once i came off them i craved everything id not had for 3 months.

I just need to learn which foods to avoid.

Back