After carefull consideration...

specialk

Silver Member
Hi,
after considering what drastic measures to take to help with my weight loss, i got in touch with a CD councellor, who has given me loads of helpful information, but she said, that depending on my weight, (378.6lbs) i might not be able to do the diet as i weigh too much!!!! i thought the entire point of a VLCD is to help very obese people to lose weight!!! i am so bloody confused now :cry:

can anyone help me?

K x

Hi,
after considering what drastic measures to take to help with my weight loss, i got in touch with a CD councellor, who has given me loads of helpful information, but she said, that depending on my weight, (378.6lbs) i might not be able to do the diet as i weigh too much!!!! i thought the entire point of a VLCD is to help very obese people to lose weight!!! i am so bloody confused now :cry:

can anyone help me?

K x

Hi K :)

Sorry that you are confused about this, I would be too!

I,m not a CDC so not sure why you would have been given this response. Sorry I can't help more but I will flag up your thoughts with CDC's that are on the site.

Do you think you could speak to the CDC again and ask them to be more specific as it's the least you deserve I would have thought.

Isis xx :)

I think your CDC may have meant that you can't start Sole Source or Sole Source Plus straight away. A lot of people start on a higher step, such as the 810 or 1000 calorie step, for a few weeks then slowly move down the plans to Sole Source.

I'm sure your CDC didn't mean to discourage you and certainly didn't mean to dissuade you from using the Cambridge Diet. Have another chat with her, let her know all your hopes and fears. And remember, we're always here to support you if you need to find another CDC or even if you decide not to go on CD (but I love it so think you should!) xx

Unless your GP will sign a letter saying you can do it straight away, CD say you must start on a higher step until your BMI is under 40. Then you can SS. There must be a medical reason for it...

I started on 1000 calories due to my BMI and TBH, never moved off it...

Unless your GP will sign a letter saying you can do it straight away, CD say you must start on a higher step until your BMI is under 40. Then you can SS. There must be a medical reason for it...

I started on 1000 calories due to my BMI and TBH, never moved off it...

I did not realise Jim that you have lost 73lb in just ten weeks on 1000 calories!!!
Week 1-4: -39lbs
Week 5-8: -22lbs
Week 9:- 6lbs
Week 10: -6lbs
:wow::wow::wow:

That is so impressive!

How many CD shakes are you taking a day?

Well done!:clap::clap::clap:

Hi,

can anyone help me?

K x

I think K your CDC must of meant you can not Sole Source to begin with...something must of got lost in translation obviously.

As you can see from Lunar Jim's weight loss in just ten weeks you can still have excellent results...actually Jim's results!

Love Mini xxx

Umm. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the Cambridge diet as long as there are no other health problems.

BUT, you will need to get a doctors signature before you do ANY of the plans.

If he doesn't sign, but there are no other health issues, you MAY be able to do a higher plan 1200 and above until you get your BMI down to under 40.

Lots of people lose really well on the 1200 plan, so all wont be lost...then of course SS to 1000 awaits as the weight comes off.

Sorry I can't give any definites as it will really depend on any underlying health issues that may be present and the most important thing is that those are dealt with whilst losing the weight with whatever method. Health first, diet next :)

Hope all goes well whichever diet is best for you.

hey hun, dont lose hope, speak to the councillor again and ask her to clarify the reasons you cannot do sole source.

as you can see i have a high starting bmi, my gp signed my forms immediatly, infact my gp is a large lady herself and took the details so she can see about doing it herself. i didnt have any helath conditions thou, my only issue was my bmi being over 40

I did not realise Jim that you have lost 73lb in just ten weeks on 1000 calories!!!
:wow::wow::wow:

That is so impressive!

How many CD shakes are you taking a day?

Well done!:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Mini! I'm on the regulation two CD meals a day; actually porridge for breakfast and soup (or a bar if I'm out and about) for lunch, plus the healthy evening meal and fruit as prescribed.

I sometimes play with it a bit to suit; I tend to portion my fruit out across the course of the day, and I always keep strawberries in the fridge so if I'm tempted to pick I head for one of those from my fruit allowance. Sometimes I will swap my lunch and evening meal around, if circumstances dictate.

I keep as active as I can, and I'm being ultra-strict about not cheating. I've only had one major blip (a whole medium pizza from Dominoes) and one minor one (a pile of BBQ prawns...).

Ooh, to add... I'm doing step 3a exclusively so I'm taking the lower carb route which is probably helping. When I come up the plans the first thing I'll do is have a couple of weeks on step 3b to help ease in some more carbs.

And plenty of water

I got the wrong end of the fat stick!!!! I think i just misunderstood what she said, I have spoken to her and all I need to do now is convince my Dr to sign the forms saying I can start the plan!!!

Anyone got any good tips to get through the first few days, as I should imagin I will be starting by Thurs/Fri??

K x

hun try and cut down your carbohydrates and up your water intake, this will help ease you into sole source with less side effects

i have a diary i write in daily, i write down how much water i have and the times i have my packs to make it easy to keep track

Hi special K - I started this week SS+, with first WI due Monday afternoon. All I can say is prepare yourself for the first 4 days. I found days 2 & 3 hard work 'cos of the headache and slight dizziness. One user suggested I split my shakes in half. I did this with choc & mint on days 2 and 3 and made the last half up with hot water before bedtime. Really comforting pre-bed drink. Make sure you drink lots of water, it really does help. Day 4 was much better, once you are in ketosis the headache goes, I stopped feeing hungry and had a good sense of well being. Keep with it, it will be worth it. Good luck.

I got the wrong end of the fat stick!!!! I think i just misunderstood what she said, I have spoken to her and all I need to do now is convince my Dr to sign the forms saying I can start the plan!!!

Anyone got any good tips to get through the first few days, as I should imagin I will be starting by Thurs/Fri??

K x

Hiya!
The first 3/4 days are the hardest. When you get through them you'l be fine.
Expect a headache etc, but drink lots of water it will help! when times are bad remember 2 things, 1. it will pass and 2. you'l be slim soon!

I hope you docter signs the forms, im sure he/she will, my docter tried to charge me £15 to sign mine!

Some docters are against these sorts of diets but others are really supportive!

As other people have mentioned cut down on ur carbs from now untill you start that will make the first few days on the plan alot easier for you as youve given you boddy a little bit of time to get used to less carbs.

Good luck for thurs/fri, make sure you come here during the first few days, everyone here really helped me when it was rough!

x

No other advice to add but just wanted to say hi and best wishes for your first week.

Back