ahhhhh popcorn I loathe you

elleceejay

Have just returned from cinema with my not so better half and having been good all week we decided to share a medium popcorn (and of course it had to be sweet) think I am now terrified of knowing what the damage is, problem is I like to feel like I am able to enjoy cinema and popcorn for me is all part of the experience.... anybody else get side tracked when out and about ?

elleceejay

Your not the only one posting this this evening..... just looked it up for another post

Basic/Non Branded Foods Crisps & snacks, basic, Popcorn, sweet 28g

6 Syns on Extra Easy Original 6 Syns Green 6 Syns

I'm really sorry to report that 28g of sweet or salted popcorn is 6 syns but get this 28g of toffee popcorn is 5.5 syns!! Can that be right.... I did just look it up on the SW web site under basic food but toffee!!

I have to agree with you though I love popcorn at the cinema... what did you go see? x

PS remember popcorn is really light so you prob get quite a bit for 28g and if you were sharing a medium bag its prob not as bad as you think x

awww ta for the replies guys, we went to see Tamara drew, was quite good for a wee last min idea as we couldnt decide on what to do , so if it wasnt the cinema it would have been a takeaway and a large bottle of wine...... perhaps the popcorn wasnt so bad after all lol

I haven't been out as of yet really. Well I went to my mums last night, just to take her some of my SW food as shes doing it too. Then I had a wee taste of the homemade red wine, which ended up being a drinking night til 4am! :O Yet if I was home, it would have never happened...

I weighed out 28g of sweet popcorn a few weeks ago from the leftovers of OHs popcorn, it's about a bowlful! In the cineworld cinema I go to it's about 1/5 of the medium packet.

I wonder if the toffee popcorn is slightly less syns for 28g than sweet or salted because it weighs heavier with the toffee coating, so you get fewer pieces of popcorn for the same weight?

I bought a 120g bag of butterkist cinema popcorn today. There is about 600kcal in the bag and sadly i would say its not much bigger than a small cinema tub, maybe in between that and a medium. I wish i had one to check. Anyway it works out at 30 syns if you use the 20kcal/1 syn rule. Quite disappointing!

Gem_bear said:
I bought a 120g bag of butterkist cinema popcorn today. There is about 600kcal in the bag and sadly i would say its not much bigger than a small cinema tub, maybe in between that and a medium. I wish i had one to check. Anyway it works out at 30 syns if you use the 20kcal/1 syn rule. Quite disappointing!

Just back from the cinema, was eyeing up some of the "small" popcorns people were eating and I have to say that maybe I was wrong before. I reckon they are about half the size of the bag I bought. I obviously cant be certain though.

Wish I knew the syns for sweet popcorn medium size from cinema.

Think I've been really naughty!!

carlawhite said:
Wish I knew the syns for sweet popcorn medium size from cinema.

Think I've been really naughty!!

I reckon 30, maybe 35.

Arrerggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I used to work in a cinema and i'm sure I once saw that a large sweet popcorn was 1000cals :( the have lists behind the desk with nutritional info and and allergy info so if you need to know they *should* be able to tell you

In cineworld it costs £6.40 for 100g of popcorn- so you can use that to work out how many g are in each size and then 28g = 5syns...

i dont understand why popcorn is synned.
it is just a corn husk i have a popcorn maker at home which uses heat and no oil. All i used to do was ad a bit of salt. why the syns - answers anybody

Because i) it's dried food and ii) you're using it as a snack, not part of a main meal. Dried food isn't generally free.

Crisps & snacks, basic, Popcorn, salted, 25g

Back