Ahhhhh! save me from myself

Maddysmum

Gold Member
This last wk i've had hardly any self-control.
Behaved for first 2 wks of feb & then only lost 0.5lb each week then put 0.5lb on (but expected sts or tiny gain so that was ok)

Since then really struggling. I can't go to group tomorrow (got small op on my wrist so will be out of action for few days) but still wanted to have good weight lost at next wi (cause officially 2 wks).

Its * week and i'm soooo craving sweet stuff & stodge. Not helped my little girl bringing cakes home from her grandma's last night and now they are torturing me.

Since started ive not had any major binges (when eaten off plan its been syned & wrote down & controlled) but today all i want to do is go mentally & binge on everything.

Nothing i eat (sw friendly) is satisfying my cravings :(

oh dear;-( just stick with it and carry on. try fruit and yogurt or a cereal bar if you have any for a sweet fix. or technically you could have a cake if you sinned it, just stay strong and remember your long term goals, remember the reason why you started your weight loss journey in the beginning.

Try and stick with it, but if you want flexy syn it and lower your syn intake the rest of the week. Or try having an options hot chocolate made me milk from allowance. Chocolately and creamy, tends to satify my cravings some. Or you could make it with just water just won't be as creamy. I find nothing but chocolate satisfies my cravings, the options helps though.

Thankfully (or maybe unthankfully) im at home today - so quickly made a 0.5 syn roulade - its in the oven now, so home that hits the spot - although tad nervous as someone on minimins pointed out last week that even though official low syn the ingredients in it still amounts to 500 cals for the whole cake (= 25 syns :eek:) but guess thats better than a whole choc cake lol x

Unless you make the Scan Bran chocolate cake! :rolleyes:

Personally I wouldn't advise eating cake at all as you may over indulge and then that would spoil any progress you've made. If you're anything like me I wouldn't stop at one piece. :sigh:

You're going to have to rethink why you're on the weight loss programme to start with, then think how far you've come. Keep visualising what you will be able to do when you reach target ...wear bikini on hols, :eek:..fit into that lovely skirt you've had sitting in the back of the wardrobe etc. ;)

You can get through this...and you will..you know this! :)

I have the sweetest tooth in the world and you wouldn't believe what is fixing my craving........ the new Philadelphia chocolate spread, I slice an apple up and spread the chocolate on it, it's only 4 syns for 30g, enough for 2 apples a day!! I didn't have 1 chocolate bar last week and that's a first for me believe me!!! Try it and see what you think it's better than reaching for the biscuit tin! :)

This last wk i've had hardly any self-control.
Behaved for first 2 wks of feb & then only lost 0.5lb each week then put 0.5lb on (but expected sts or tiny gain so that was ok)

Since then really struggling. I can't go to group tomorrow (got small op on my wrist so will be out of action for few days) but still wanted to have good weight lost at next wi (cause officially 2 wks).

Its * week and i'm soooo craving sweet stuff & stodge. Not helped my little girl bringing cakes home from her grandma's last night and now they are torturing me.

Since started ive not had any major binges (when eaten off plan its been syned & wrote down & controlled) but today all i want to do is go mentally & binge on everything.

Nothing i eat (sw friendly) is satisfying my cravings :(

The SW choc and toffee cakes are rather tasty, and actually look/ taste like real cakes. 3.5 syns each, AND family had noooo idea that they were 'diet cakes' I was even asked for the recipe :D
x

Well ive tried staying busy & have had a proper lunch (chicken, mash & veg all syn free & 1 tbsp apple sauce) which has helped and at 3pm (b4 school run) i'm going to have a cup of tea & 1 piece of cake (wouldn't dare eat the whole thing, my oh loves it and promised him would save him some) and hope that hits the spot.

thanks for all the support - your right, i need to remember why i'm doing this. I've lost 24lb so far & while my weight losses are slow (even when im behaving 100%) its still coming off eh!

3.15 - update:
Oops had 2 pieces of the roulade (but better than me eating 2 pieces of normal cake eh :rolleyes:)
But more importantly craving satisfied :D

Will just go forward from now! x

Last edited:
Back