AINSLEY HARRIOTT COUS COUS

poppyowner

Silver Member
Hi all

Just got some Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Cous cous delivered and after checking syns online am a bit confused......

It says 100g is 0.5 syn on EE - the packet is 110g ............... SO HOW MANY SYNS FOR THE WHOLE PACK USED JUST MADE WITH WATER (NOT BUTTER/OIL ETC) ?

How many syns do you allocate for the packet?

Hope you can help as want to use this maybe this week in one of my recipes......

It's still 0.5 syns as it's 0.5 syns for 100gms dried. The 10 extra grams is nothing really, like a tenth of half a syn!

I think it's actually ½ syn per 100g cooked weight rather than dried weight, so Ellebear is right that it works out at about 1½ syns for the whole packet.

I think it's actually ½ syn per 100g cooked weight rather than dried weight, so Ellebear is right that it works out at about 1½ syns for the whole packet.

Reading SW, I read it as dried 100gms, cooked, meaning 100gms dried, before being cooked!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous, excluding oil & butter, dried 100g cooked[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]So, I must be wrong.
I have always counted it as 0.5, and I eat it loads so I will carry on, as it's fixed in my head as 0.5!... not made any difference to me, thankfully!! ;)

I normally the lemon one which is 3 syns per 100g dried (which is going to be 9 for the pack)!!

I didnt realise until today when i used the new app that it was so many syns. However you can use plain cous cous (cheaper anyway) and flavour with fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs (parsley or mint) and salt and pepper.

Back