Airfryer/actifry Ideas

dreamslim

Silver Member
Hi all,

Anyone got any ideas of something I can cook in my brand new crimbo present, the airfryer?
I've had a quick nosey online but most recipes feature frontage frais, low fat natural yoghurt or cream cheese which I don't have and an not able to get as its boxing day.
Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cant really help, i bought a actifry, and hated the chips it made, but they do cook mccains home frys amazing, crispy outside fluffy inside,

Acticfry makes home made chips with a tiny amount of oil, where the airfryer uses no oil, the actifry makes weird chips altho my mum loves em, in a way im using my actifry like a airfryer as im chucking oven chips in,

Theyre great as a gas oven can dry out and burn edges of oven chips, the actifry cooks them and leaves them lovely golden

if you do a search under 'actifry' youll find loads of threads with ideas

Thanks starlight. I did a search and it gave me a few threads but couldn't search those threads for individual posts (there wasn't a direct thread about it that I could find)
It's cool though, my new invention is chicken stuffed with quark, lean bacon and garlic. Nom nom nom. :)

I got my actifry yesterday and love it already! The chips are amazing :D

This morning a frylighted a couple of frozen quorn sausages and bunged them in for 20 minutes. They came out so juicy and evenly cooked. Usually I fry them on the hob and they end up all pink and black stripey :eek:

mrtc said:
Wonder if you could put vegie sausages in?

I don't see any reason why not - it would work the same as anything else.

Those of you that do have an air fryer - how do you do curries etc in it? Would it need the baking accessory or is there a different accessory to get?

I got my actifry yesterday and love it already! The chips are amazing :D

This morning a frylighted a couple of frozen quorn sausages and bunged them in for 20 minutes. They came out so juicy and evenly cooked. Usually I fry them on the hob and they end up all pink and black stripey :eek:

The chips & roasties ARE amazing in the Actifry.

It has been discussed on here before, the secret is to follow the foolowing simples rules.

Use Maris Piper potatoes
thoroughly wash chipped potatoes removing all starch
thoroughly dry washed chips using towel/paper towel.
add 1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (HEXB)

Cook for required time. approx 40mins + or - depending on how brown you like them.

Same as above for roasties.

Crisp outside, virtually fat-free and fluffy inside. If you do not like these then I'm afraid it will only be the grease you are missing. Chippy or deep fat fryer will have to suffice;)

As well as all the ideas on here, there is the book which has recipes and ideas.

Hot Air Frying: Amazon.co.uk: Paul Brodel, Dee Hunwicks: 9780956393531: Books

Steve (Actifry convert lol)

Just to update, I am loving actifried mushrooms! No oil needed. They are so juicy and er...mushroomy. Just had quorn burgers and have some Linda Mac sausages to try too. I like the way what these products are plumping up in the machine.

Wonder if you could put vegie sausages in?

I think you could. The frozen ones are working well.

We got one, and I love it! It makes a lovely job of peppers - chop them into strips, and bung them in with some fry light and a little garlic. Great stirred into pasta sauces or with cottage cheese on a ryvita.

I use mine for a sw fryup, bacon/tomatoes/mushrooms/sausages & even fried eggs!

Also use it for sw chips, cubed potatoes, bns chips, and carrots/ parsnips & broccoli. (the broccoli is amazing, comes out like crispy seaweed lol).
Tried the slimming world fry and it was lovely, also added a tin of beans to the mix. Really filling start to the day.

Not healthy but, potato smiley faces cook lovely without oil, its handy for oven chips as you dont have to watch them, just set em for about 15 mins and theyre lovely

Back