Alcohol and how syns work??? Help please!

SHELL1811

Hello,
I am currently a weight watchers member and am looking to do slimming world as i am stuck at my current weight.
The only problem is i do like a drink on a weekend - can anybody tell me if it is possible to have a big drink on a weekend and if i will still lose weight?
Also what is the best thing to drink?

Thank you :D

Thank you!
The sheet I have says 4 syns for 35ml of vodka - is that wrong?
Do you still lose weight when you save up your syns?

Yes, the difference in measures always strikes me as awkward - most places do 25ml rather than 35ml in my experience, so it's probably worth working out what 25ml is of your choice of poison :)

Also make sure that you know how much you're having with wine - in some places a small glass is 125ml and a large is 175ml, while in others a small is 175 and a large is 250 (which is a third of a bottle!). A whole bottle of red or dry white wine (or three large glasses) is 25.5 syns, so you're probably better off with vodka!

You can only use the 1 syn for every 20 calories for foods with no free food allowance, but snacks and junk food are fine.

I always find wine and soda works well for syn saving - half wine and half soda per glass and you feel like your having more than you are!

Tend to have a sat night of syns - only have 5 a day in the week and save enough for the weekend.

Back