Aldi?

hanloje

Silver Member
Anyone shop at Aldi and have recommendations for low foods on green or red days??? any tips would be appreciated!

:):)

I nip into Aldi a couple of times a week - handy for the bus home from work lol
Usually scout round the fruit and veg esp their special offer ones. Then gammon or chicken, some of their ham's nice, love their reduced fat cheddar. Also get noodles as can do a pack in the micro at work - they're 3 syns but worth it to me for the fill-up!
Always use their tinned toms, kidney + baked beans.
My lad likes their choc hoop cereal and cats are happy with their vitacat :)

get the SW food directory that gives you loads of syn values for things in there, have a look wright a list and then go hunting!!!

I guess I'm going to have to buy one, just paid out £59 ish to join on line they have the syns online tracker but you have to look up things indivudually.. didn't want to spend any more this month.... boohooo.....

its a pain in the a**e the website isnt it? wish there was an easier way to get syn values .... they want us to buy the book! how much does it cost out of interesT?x

The Jade Hey! Noodles with the Yakisoba sauce are delish and only 4 syns, great if you need something to have for a work lunch. The mushroom variety are 3.5 but avoid the green curry one like the plague as it's a whopping 10.5 syns :eek: x

Your personal guide to the Syn values of over 38,000 everyday foods available at your local shops and supermarkets.
Available by calling our Book Enquiry Line on 0844 892 0404 for £6.95 + £2 p&p. (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, calls are charged at national rate) think I may have to buy this one

I've started shopping there lately. Potatoes this week 49p for 5kg! The oranges are 49p for 6 and are beautiful. You can sign up for emails which they send twice a week. (most of the other supermarkets do this too.)
I get their frozen cooked chicken pieces,tinned tomatoes and pineapple, their cooked meats are good, and their lean mince. They had lobsters for £4.99 at Xmas! I like their couscous too, haven't pointed it tho.
And their siana face wipes are good, 79p!

Your personal guide to the Syn values of over 38,000 everyday foods available at your local shops and supermarkets.
Available by calling our Book Enquiry Line on 0844 892 0404 for £6.95 + £2 p&p. (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, calls are charged at national rate) think I may have to buy this one

thank you, may order one at class
xxx

im sure this one in the mag was a mushroom one and was free - thought it might be worth making a special trip to aldi for! i've left my mag at my mums so cant double check:( it was in the whats new on green bit

I thought that syns book was on special for £3.99 at your class coz they bringing out a new one,Im gonna get one next WI

Back