Alison's On Plan Food Diary! (EE)

pudnpie

Silver Member
Hi – having read some other diaries I thought I would have a go at my own. I want to be positive so have called it my on-plan diary – I‘m doing that visualisation business, hoping if I think it, it will happen :D I have been doing SW I think from about the end of March. I had a slow start but managed to get my half stone award, but then I ended up hospital with a burst appendix and kind of lost the plot after that. Not long after I recovered I was on holiday and had a 4lb gain and since then I have been fannying around losing and gaining the same few lbs. I kept making excuses not to go to class (TBH I’m not really a class person and being tired at the end of the day I find it hard to get motivated to go out again) so I joined Body Optimise instead a few weeks ago. I have my third weigh in on Friday. I haven’t done too spectacularly so far but that is my fault.

I have been on a diet all my life, but really want to do something about it now. I am starting to find that now I am past forty, I am unable to get away with being overweight so much. I am tired and achy. I am knackered if I go out dancing. Before I was sick I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and since I was ill I have had constant heartburn and reflux and am on prescription tablets :jelous:. Four month on I am still feeling the after effects of my surgery and I am sure that the process of recovery would be quicker if I wasn’t so heavy. On the plus side though, I haven’t smoked since my hospital stay so I feel better for that and richer!:clap:

Anyway, enough waffle - here is my plan for today. Please feel free to comment. EE BTW.

Breakfast – 2 ryvitas (HEX B – might have the other two later) 2 laughing Cow Lights (half my HEX A), baked beans, slice of bacon

Lunch – syn free homemade chilli leftover from last night’s dinner, half a packet of Uncle Ben’s Lemon and Rosemary Rice (1 syn), 21g grated Low Low (other half of HEX A), couple of plums, 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner – chicken pie (leftover chicken and some frozen casserole veg in gravy with some sliced jacket potatoes on top) and broccoli – 1 syn for gravy granules. M&S meringue (2.5 syns), plain yogurt, strawberries.

Snacks – I have bananas, plums and a few grapes on my desk if I get peckish this afternoon. I also have the option to have another 2 ryvita as a HEX B and another half a Laughing Cow Light triangle (which I will round up to a whole one and syn the other half).

Exercise – just been out for a brisk 15 min walk.

Total Syns 9.5

Thanks for reading :grouphugg:

Thurs 16 Sept

Morning!

Stuck to my food plan yesterday. Hurrah! Didn't have the other two ryvitas, so 9 points for the day.

So here we go for today (most of which is the same as yesterday really):

Breakfast - Breakfast – 2 ryvitas (HEX B ) 2 laughing Cow Lights (half my HEX A), baked beans, slice of bacon

Lunch – rest of the chilli from Tuesday's dinner, half a packet of Uncle Ben’s Lemon and Rosemary Rice (1 syn), 21g grated Low Low (other half of HEX A), couple of plums, 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner - OK - this one is going to be a bit of an experiment. I'm going to mix 28g of stilton (5.5 syn) with some quark and then stir it though some pasta and kale. I got the idea from this month's Waitrose magazine except they use creme fraiche and gorgonzola. I'm using stilton because I didn't want to buy a large piece of cheese or I would eat it (love blue cheese) so I got one of the 99p try me pieces of stilton from M&S instead. Hope it works! I was supposed to be having this earlier in the week and conting the stilton as my HEX A. But that said, I can't find stilton on the HEX A list anyway.

Dessert - M&S meringue nest 2.5 syns, strawberries and plain yogurt.

Snacks - banana and grapes

Total syns 14.5

Exercise - walked to bus stop this morning - 10 mins.Will go for a walk at lunchtime for 15 mins and should be able to do my Aero Pilates machine for 30 mins tonight.

Have a good day everyone! :love:

Fri 17 Sept

Good morning! A lovely sunny day here in London. Hope it stays that way for the weekend.

I'm pleased to report another day on plan yesterday. The only thing which changed was that I decided I needed a bit more cheese on my pasta, so I had that and didn't have my meringue and strawberries. Went on to do half an hour on my pilates machine, so all in all very happy with my day. Writing this is making me feel very positive and motivated. I hope I can keep it up over the weekend which is the time I go awry. I had my weigh in today and lost half a lb which puts me back to where I started for weeks ago :rolleyes: (I've lost, gained and lost again). I am away next weekend for my birthday so have a motivation to lose a few lbs before then (though no doubt I will put on while I am away :rolleyes:).

Here's my plan for the day:

Breakfast - 2 x ryvita (HEX B), beans, slice of bacon 2 x laughing cow lights (half HEX A)

Lunch - Quorn Swedish Meatballs, Uncle Ben's Mushroom Rice (2 syns), 2 finger Kit Kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner - don't know yet! I was supposed to be having lamb steaks but I have forgotten to take them out of the freezer, so will have to pick up something on the way home in Sainsburys, hopefully something reduced and syn free. And going with it will be a jacket potato, con on the cob and 3 x Laughing Cow lights (other half of HEX A).

M&S Meringue (2.5 syns), yogurt and strawberries

10 syns total

Exercise - will go for a 15 mins walk at lunchtime

Have a good day everyone! :553:

Saturday 17 Sept

Morning - a bit of catching up to do for the weekend! Friday went a bit askew. I got caught in a massive traffic jam on the way home and so got off the bus and got on a train instead which takes me no where near a supermarket. After a journey home which took two hours, I ended up going on the local chicken shop when I got off the train and getting some fied chicken to go with my jacket and sweetcorn. So what with that and some minstrels I ate, I finished on 35 syns. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Breakfast - egg, 2 x Morrisons Eat Smart Sausages (1 syn), potato wedges, bacon

Lunch - a piece of leftover fried chicken (5.5 syns)

Dinner - kind-of cassoulet (cannelini beans, lentils, chicken, pork, Waitrose lean sausage 2 syns), potato, sprouts. M&S meringue (2.5 syns), strawberries, yogurt

Double vodka and soda (5 syns)

Midnight snack - ryvita and laughing cow (HEX A & B)

Total syns - 16. One over - sure it won't kill me. I hope...

Sunday 19 Sept

Sunday 18 Sept
Breakfast - egg, 2 x Morrisons Eat Smart Sausages (1 syn), potato wedges, bacon

Lunch - a piece of leftover fried chicken (5.5 syns)

Dinner - Roast beef, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, smal bit yorkshire pudding (3 syns), gravy (1.5 syns), Meringue nest (2.5 syns), tbsp lemon curd (3 syns)

Total syns 16.5. 22.5 syns over since Friday evening. Hopefully won't be a deal breaker. At least I am facing up to it rather than just downing a bottle of wine and a tub of popcorn and pretending it didn't happen.

Monday 20 Sept

OK - here's the menu for today.

Breakfast - two ryvita (HEX B) and 3 Laughing Cow Lights (one half HEX A)

Lunch - leftover cassoulet from saturday night (2 syns), Baby Bel light (other half HEX A), 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner - beef jalfrezi and butternut squash - recipe from Madhur Jaffrey on Saturday Kicthen this weekend - will just use less oil (can't get on with fry light in things like this) (2 syns for oil). The recipe caught my eye because I could use up the leftovers from yesterday's dinner! Plus savoury rice.

Snacks - off to get some fruit depends on what is on offer. Dessert will be the usual meringue with whatever fruit I get (2.5 syns)

Total syns - 12

Exercise - 30 mins on aero pilates machine.

Have a fab day everyone!

Tues 20 Sept

Morning!

For reasons I won’t bore you with I decided to have the Madhur Jaffrey recipe tonight, so dinner for last night should read:

Chicken casserole (chicken, stock cube, carrots, onion), potatoes, green beans

And total syns for the day were 8. Other than that everything was as planned including doing my pilates machine. So a good day all round.

So, now onto today:

Breakfast - two ryvita (HEX B) and 3 Laughing Cow Lights (one half HEX A), baked beans, slice of bacon

Lunch - leftover cassoulet from saturday night (2 syns), plus a bit of potato and green beans left over from last night’s dinner, 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner - beef jalfrezi and butternut squash (as per yesterday’s description). Plus savoury rice. (2 syns)

Dessert – M&S meringue, blackberries, yogurt (2.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 x Baby Bel light (other half HEX A plus 0.5 syns), plums, banana

Exercise – will go for a 15 mins walk at lunchtime

Total syns = 12.5

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Weds 22 Sept

Hello - a lovely morning!

I ate to my plan yesterday although I forgot that there was a little bit of sugar in the butternut squash recipe so there was another syn to add. The squash was really nice - I recommend the recipe to anyone who wants to try it. I didn't do the broccoli bit. She said it was from her new book - I will add it to my birthday list for next week.

BBC - Food - Recipes : Beef jhal faraizi, karhai broccoli and sweet and sour squash

OK - here's today's plan:

Breakfast - two ryvita (HEX B) and 3 Laughing Cow Lights (one half HEX A), baked beans, slice of bacon

Chicken, cauliflower, potatoes, 2 finger kit kat (5.5 syns)

Dinner – marrow stuffed with minced pork, onion and sage

Dessert – M&S meringue, blackberries, yogurt (2.5 syns)

Snacks: Baby Bel light x 2 (other half HEX A plus 0.5 syns), plums, banana

Total syns: 8.5

Exercise - will do a 15 mins walk at lunchtime and will try to do my pilates machine this evening but don't know if I will have time as I need to get ready to go away tomorrow.

Have a fab day :family2:

Last edited:
Back