ALL THOSE XMAS MEALS - AVOID!!!!!

bunnycd

Hi There my Lovelies,

I have not been on here for ages. Been living my new life and kept very busy. I have had alot of client's asking advice about eating at Christmas meals! Firstly, WELL DONE ON STICKING TO IT THROUGH CHRISTMAS. Every day is an opportunity to shed an extra pound and one day closer to goal - so don't give in. Here are my top tips:

1. If you are going for a meal with work make sure you only have bolied veg for your main. With a little bit of Chicken (if you must). Ring up the restaurant and say you have a Gluten and Wheat allergy - which avoids difficult questions.
2. Everyone will be tucking into the meal so will not really see you not eating. Just move stuff around your plate for a bit.
3. Try to sit next to a friend (who knows you are doing this diet) and put food on there plate.
4. DO NOT have anything with CARBS. NO matter what. You don't want to feel how hungry you really are!
5. If you can, don't go to the meal and don't drink. You will be piss*ed on a glass of wine. Wine = 100 cals. If you really really have to drink have a barcardi and diet coke (50 cals)

Hope this helps some of you x and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

santawinking.gif

Had been on Cambridge and had lost 6 stones in 20 weeks.

I went out for lunch last Thursday.

I had a full three course meal including potatoes, roast potatoes and vegetables plus a vanilla cheesecake then coffee and chocolates.

Was straight back onto CD the next day.

I lost 1lb overnight to Friday morning and another 1/2lb overnight on Saturday morning.

As long as you are careful not to overload on carbs one meal on Christmas Day will not affect your weight loss.

Just don't be afraid of eating.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I do have to say that the best way is to follow CD correctly if thats what you want to do, some people, especially those sensitive to carbs may struggle with overload of carbs.

BunnyCD has some great advice, stick to white meat, and green and white veg, plenty of sprouts lol!!!

Its not a case of being afraid of eating, just remember, there are many more Christmas's to come, and you all want to be slim and lovely for them all.

There are some that took a break last xmas day and didnt get back on the diet ever, pls all be careful, do what you feel is best, but remember, nothing is as important as the slim you x

Well said Vicky.

There are some that took a break last xmas day and didnt get back on the diet ever, pls all be careful, do what you feel is best, but remember, nothing is as important as the slim you x

And the Christmas before, and are still struggling to get back onto it properly:(

Some people can eat over Xmas and get straight back on the diet and some people eat over Xmas and can't get back on the diet.

The problem is everyone believes they are one of those that can get back on the diet before the big day.

The bigger problem is that an awful lot of them are wrong and then either struggle to get back on or in a lot of cases never finish what they started.

My advice to all my clients on SS/790 with a lot of weight to lose is to stick to the diet as it is one day out of the rest of your life and it doesn't stop you being with family and friends and celebrating which is ultimately what it is all about.

You don't need food to enjoy Xmas day!! And if you think you do then ask yourself why !

Mike

Last edited:
very true mike. think this diet does teach you food does not make you happy. :D good luck everyone what ever your choice may be

It's my aamw so I'm taking a 'packed lunch' to the outlaws, wish I was just normal and having just packs but hey, I quite fancy fish for Christmas hee hee xx

Some people can eat over Xmas and get straight back on the diet and some people eat over Xmas and can't get back on the diet.

The problem is everyone believes they are one of those that can get back on the diet before the big day.

The bigger problem is that an awful lot of them are wrong and then either struggle to get back on or in a lot of cases never finish what they started.

My advice to all my clients on SS/790 with a lot of weight to lose is to stick to the diet as it is one day out of the rest of your life and it doesn't stop you being with family and friends and celebrating which is ultimately what it is all about.

You don't need food to enjoy Xmas day!! And if you think you do then ask yourself why !

Mike

I totally agree!

I am sticking to my 790 totally and completely over Christmas.

Am going to make an Orange Winter Spice into a mousse and have that in place of a Christmas Pudding too!

Had been on Cambridge and had lost 6 stones in 20 weeks.
I went out for lunch last Thursday.
I had a full three course meal including potatoes, roast potatoes and vegetables plus a vanilla cheesecake then coffee and chocolates.
Was straight back onto CD the next day.
I lost 1lb overnight to Friday morning and another 1/2lb overnight on Saturday morning.
As long as you are careful not to overload on carbs one meal on Christmas Day will not affect your weight loss.
Just don't be afraid of eating.
Have a Merry Christmas!
I totally agree!
I am sticking to my 790 totally and completely over Christmas.
Am going to make an Orange Winter Spice into a mousse and have that in place of a Christmas Pudding too!
Erm...:confused:
You've done so well, Ann, but your initial diet-fascism is giving way to a more considered viewpoint, most of the time. And then - sometimes I'm aghast.

:rolleyes: Bon appetit and have a wonderful, skinny Christmas everyone.

I did 20 weeks with no cheating whatsoever.

I lost 6 stones in weight.

I met a very special friend for lunch and I ate it.

I went straight back onto 790 the next day.

The next time I might have a meal out is for my birthday in March.

I am doing Cambridge because I chose to do it, nobody forced me into it in any way. I am choosing to stick to the diet.

I am quite fed up of being criticised for my sticking to the diet as if there was something wrong with me for doing so.

No need to get fed up, STBG. :sigh: :wave_cry:

We all know you've stuck to the diet and your posts are a great resource in terms of what to eat when out or on AAM etc.

All I meant was that while you've done so incredibly well and been a tremendous inspiration to folk, sometimes your posts are a little - how to put this sensitively - preaching to the converted. :rolleyes:
;)

Back