Alli

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Has anyone used these pills and do they work??

I used these pills a few years ago when I got them on prescription from my drs, I lost about 2 stone but the side effects were not very nice... As a result of these pills I now have problems with my liver and would seriously advise you to look at and consider the side effects that the pills can have. When I stopped taking the pills I gained all the weight that I had lost :( The only long time solution that I have found is slimming world. I have lost more weight on the slimming world plan and can stick to a more normal eating plan... hope this has helped you

I don't really think there is much point in taking them if you are doing SW. As I understand it the pills promote expelling fat but as SW is a low fat diet anyway I don't think they will have much effect on increasing losses. Just my opinion!

Circes is right-it tells you there is no point taking them if you are not taking in much fat.I tried the oned you buy and didn't notice anything apart from the fact they made me regular (needed a bomb before) and still am. Don't think that was a aside effect meant to happen though.Lol. I dodn't have any nasty side side effects or weight loss for that matter.

this thread worries me that these pills are legally prescribed?!

I have not tried Alli, but I tried Adios, Cider tablets, and all other mega slim - lose 12 st in a day style things.....

SW is the only one thats worked so far.....x

i cant understand why you would take a tablet that in all shapes and purposes, could make you sh*t yourself.

What is the world coming to.

Sorry if i am offending people who have taken this tablet, but seriously - its terrible that its prescribed.

Perhaps i am naive and dont understand how it works, but it sounds simply awful.

x

Whenever I hear of pills like these I just think....10...20...30yrs down the line...bowel cancer or some nastys :(:confused:

i cant understand why you would take a tablet that in all shapes and purposes, could make you sh*t yourself.

What is the world coming to.

Sorry if i am offending people who have taken this tablet, but seriously - its terrible that its prescribed.

Perhaps i am naive and dont understand how it works, but it sounds simply awful.

x

You only have the side effects if you dont follow the instructions with the tablets. The idea of them isnt to s*** yourself thin as my doctor described it but they actually work really well as a deterrant if youre just starting out on a diet.

I quite honestly wouldnt entertain Alli but Xenical is very effective, as those on the Xenical forum will testify.

it has to be taken along side a low fat diet. If youre struggling to stick to a diet or to get started then theyre quite a help cos youre so scared of the side effects you stick to nice low fat foods. Personally I think thats when these things are most effective, I think its more the diet youre following that causes the weight loss, not the tablets

Crikey its terrible - so basically, scenario is that if you have a fatty food (i.e a cheeseburger) you are likely to poo your pants?! So person doesnt eat aforementioned cheeseburger.

Surely the easier option is to think, rather than eat cheeseburger and gain weight, I shall not eat cheeseburger and lose weight. With no poo option!!!

I wouldnt last a minute on those tablets. What if i ate a carrot and the tablets confused it with a cheeseburger!?? Disaster.

Ooof.

x

Crikey its terrible - so basically, scenario is that if you have a fatty food (i.e a cheeseburger) you are likely to poo your pants?! So person doesnt eat aforementioned cheeseburger.

Surely the easier option is to think, rather than eat cheeseburger and gain weight, I shall not eat cheeseburger and lose weight. With no poo option!!!

I wouldnt last a minute on those tablets. What if i ate a carrot and the tablets confused it with a cheeseburger!?? Disaster.

Ooof.

x

Xenical - the prescription one - works by your bowel blocking 1/3 of the fat contained in the food you ate.

You don't actually "poo" at all. It's actually the fat coming out which you have no control over as it does literally leak out.

It is supposed to only be taken in conjunction with a low fat diet so that the leakage is minimal.

There is no way the tablet would confuse a carrot with a cheeseburger as you take it either before, during or up to an hour after eating and the pill then 'blocks' a third of that meals absorption. As soon as you stop taking them the side effects stop almost immediately as Xenical doesn't stay in your system for any great length of time hence why you have to take it with EVERY meal.

It is a good idea if it is taken correctly as you find yourself staying away from extremely fatty food as you don't want to run the risk of any accidents :)

As for Alli - I believe the active ingredient is the same - orlistat - but think the pill is lower in strength and I'm not sure how you go about buying it as you are meant to be overweight/obese to use it so I would presume that they would weight you at the chemist's when you buy it?

Good luck with the SW ladies :)

i think that my mother in law takes Adios and she has lost quite a bit of weight and she looks great. she did the Atkins diet a while ago and although she lost the weight she didnt look well.
by the way she hasnt had any side effects with the Adios, yet.
I am still not tempted to take them though.x

Back