Alpen Light Bars Vs Aldi's own

Penguin_Hell

Just popped into Aldi and found a cereal bar that they do, which is 61 calories and taste exactly the same as Alpen Lights. (Also similar ones in Asda, but half a syn more)
I posted in the 'Bargains' thread and someone asked if they could be a healthy extra. Thought this was a good point and wondered if anyone knew?

Thanx

Yes the 'less than 70 calories' bars are x2 for a HEXB choice. A bit cheaper than Alpen lights, and nice to have a bit of variety. I usually alternate between the two so we don't have the same ones in all the time.

Just checked Lifeline online (slimming World Website) and its says that 2 x 21g Aldi Harvest Morn Benefit 70 Cal Cereal Bars all varieties are 1 x Healthy extra B. Have a look to double check hun. Not sure if these where the one you saw hun. xxx Looby

Im gonna stick with the Alpen bars I bought 3 boxes of the Aldi ones (big mistake) they are like eating pure sugar yuck, gonna take them to class on Wednesday lol

I thought the same.

Our local 99p shop currently has the Alpen light bars in there .. and guess what, they are 99p a pack, much cheaper than the other supermarkets :happy096:

I was going to buy some more today. I like them just as much as Alpen bars. But when i popped into Waitrose, the Alpen bars were 2 for 1.
So maybe will get some from Aldi when i've ran out of them.

Still unsure if they're 1 or 2 HE though. As Loobylou checked and it said they were 1. I will have a look into it anyway.

Still unsure if they're 1 or 2 HE though. As Loobylou checked and it said they were 1. I will have a look into it anyway.

Just checked Lifeline online (slimming World Website) and its says that 2 x 21g Aldi Harvest Morn Benefit 70 Cal Cereal Bars all varieties are 1 x Healthy extra B. Have a look to double check hun. Not sure if these where the one you saw hun. xxx Looby

I think it's 2 bars for a HEXB

I love the Aldi ones - it's the sugaryness that I love, much better than the more expensive (in a supermarket anyway) Alpen bars.

I have one most days at the end of my lunch with a cup of tea and suck all the sugary goodness, yum yum!!

I love the Aldi ones too, especially the chocolate orange ones. :eat: They are lovely & chewy and last much longer than a biscuit with a cup of tea, 3 syns each or two for a hex b. :D well worth it, I think!

I love the summer berries alpen light bars , crumble them up and mix in with a muller light yoghurt for my breakfast . perfect way to start the day :)

Hi....I'm interested in trying the aldi bars (saving a few pence here and there makes a big difference on a tight budget)..but aldi is a bit if a trek for me.

Please could someone tell me the flavour options and how much these are?

Thanks

bazrac said:
Hi....I'm interested in trying the aldi bars (saving a few pence here and there makes a big difference on a tight budget)..but aldi is a bit if a trek for me.

Please could someone tell me the flavour options and how much these are?

Thanks

I use these now. The flavours ate chocolate Orange ( my fav ) summer berries and Apple and sultana. You get 6 in a box and they are about £1.20 in my store I think x

I use these now. The flavours ate chocolate Orange ( my fav ) summer berries and Apple and sultana. You get 6 in a box and they are about £1.20 in my store I think x

Me too. I love the fact they have a chewy texture.
Perfect with a cuppa. x

Hey guys....just heard alpen lights are on offer at asda 2 for £2. Good for anyone who likrs a bargain like me! Hehe x

Back