alpen lights 6 to 5 e-mail as to why

rainbow

Gold Member
I contacted weetabix and asked then why they have reduced 6 bars of alpen light to 5 bars without a reduction in price, this is the response.....

many thanks for your enquiry.
the change from 6s to 5s was made for the best possible reason. through research we found that better use of packaging could be achieved by altering the shape of the carton. with the 6s, a certain amount of space within the carton was effectively lost in order to achieve the two rows of three bars. now, with the 'side by side' layout, the internal space is better utilised and the bars fit more closely together.

of course, the cartons were and remain entirely recyclable.

hope this helps and thank you again for taking the time to contact us.
yours sincerely,
dan herrin

hardly mentions why they've not reduced the price, to me it reads as though Im supposed to feel bad for questioning them even though they are being more eco friendly! anyone else contact them? what have others heard back? xxx

hmmm - interesting, my tesco are only selling the 5 packs and they're £1.90 or something like that x

What a complete and utter B*LLSH*T reply!
Anytime I've bought a 6 pack, they are all side by side and alot of extra packaging wasted as the box was rediciously big for the 6 tiny bars, they could have just made the box smaller! x

glad i wasnt the only one who felt fobbed off by it!! would be interested to see what responses other people get. i used the contact us form on the weetabix site. you can tell im on half term and have time on my hands lol xxx

I only just came across the 5 pack today. I was a bit miffed too. I looked on the bright side though....I was eating on the run, so had 4 bars=2 HEbs, plus the 5th, so just 1 syn for the box! lol Not the point though, I know.

one bars not only one syn though hun, off the top of my head i think its three x

Yes they are 3 Syns each.

If the price has been reduced then I'm not bothered by the pack size. In another response they did say that they don't set the price and that it's up to the individual retailer. Maybe you should contact the store manager, it might just be that they haven't altered the price yet

Yes -it seems that the onus is on the store to reduce the price. Weetabix has not control over what the retailer charges.

So take it up with the store if they're still charging the full price abd if you're happy with the response you get vote with your feet and go to another store.

There was a lot of wasted space in the 6-pack but I agree that other solutions would have been to make the pack smaller or put more in the box.

Sorry, yeah, they are 3 syns each. Typing faster than my brain, or thinking faster than my fingers....I meant, only have to syn one, for the whole box, if counting 4 as 2 HEbs. Made sense in my head! lol

Yeah it is up to the stores what margins they apply, of course it is. But I'd be interested to know if Weetabix have reduced the cost the the retailer, by 1/6th. I bet they haven't.

No, Weetabix probably won't have reduced the price. After all, they have to recoup the cost of hiring that bozo to type those nonsense letters in replies to our questions!

Sorry, yeah, they are 3 syns each. Typing faster than my brain, or thinking faster than my fingers....I meant, only have to syn one, for the whole box, if counting 4 as 2 HEbs. Made sense in my head! lol

makes perfect sense put like that, and if id been thinking properly id have known what you meant! lol

Yeah it is up to the stores what margins they apply, of course it is. But I'd be interested to know if Weetabix have reduced the cost the the retailer, by 1/6th. I bet they haven't.

yer obv it is up to the retailer and that was discussed in a diff post bout them, but yer good point wonder if it has been reduced to the retailer!

No, Weetabix probably won't have reduced the price. After all, they have to recoup the cost of hiring that bozo to type those nonsense letters in replies to our questions!

love it!
x

i reckon the rate will have been reduced for the wholesaler to super market but store managers wont have been made aware, it wont be a priority issue and most managers would just assume people wouldn notice anyway.it's only cause were counting them we notice and were a minority so.....

lol @ Minders, re. Bozos! lol

I posted a thread with my email reply from them a week or so ago. They didn't give me any valid reason either. Said that it's up to the retailer as to what price they are sold at.

Back