Alternate day fast diary

Charan

hey ho, ok I've been around and around in dieting circles for ages. I tried LCHF which worked really well and I lost three stone until I had some sort of emotional breakdown over some bread. i honestly think it made me feel depressed LOL. Like the moron that I am I then started Dukan, that thread is here somewhere and involves one post :sigh:. Didn't work out for me and I literally scoffed my 3 stone back in a very short space of time, after over two years of struggling with low carb plans I've accepted its not for me. So back to the drawing board :D.

Sooooo the reason I am doing alternate day fasting is because at my slimmest I would basically eat one meal a day (bear in mind I was younger and ate out a lot with friends and drank a lot too, so kept a steady ten stone without much effort at all) because I was busy at work, I didn't even notice I was doing it.

So some form of fasting suits me, much easier than cutting out food groups, counting all the time (which also worked but good god its consuming and that was temporary for me) etc etc. I wNt to do something which is low maintenance, doesn't involve special shopping etc and fasting is it!

I started last friday and weighed in on thursday (I did 4 fasts with 2 consecutive days as my OH was back from a work trip and wanted to have dinner with him). I will post weekly weigh in's either on friday or saturday, whichever is after my DD. I'm going to try to stay off the scales during the week.

so the plan is a combo of fast 5 And alternate day dieting with 500 calories (wouldn't recommend DD back to back, I was very tired). The fast 5 is because once I start eating I literally wont stop, and I Am naturally hungry after 3pm but if I eat breakfast I'll just keep going all day so I find it best not to bother.

start: 15th May 179.4lbs
21st May 173.6 (5.8)

Very pleased with that start as there were a few scoops of ice cream and a lebanese takeout in there :eating: Also today I think I ate about 2500 kcals, molten choc cake with ice cream, mexican food.... So lets see how this goes, next weigh in will be on 29th May so I will start a regular weekly weigh in. First goal get out of the 12's and into the 11st bracket.

Back