Alternative to alpen light bars

That makes sense, they're smaller but packed full of stuff where as I always find alpen lights a little airy if you know what I mean.

I thought the chocolate orange would be my favourite and I really like them, but the apple and sultana ones are gorgeous! Lucky for me actually as my aldi appear to have stopped stocking the chocolate ones :(

Just tried the apple and sultana ones and you're right they're YUM. :)

Alpen lights and cereal bars were never a choice when I first joined about 7 years ago lol! I don't think they were anyway. We have it so easy now! I love Alpen lights, not tried the aldi ones... Yet :)

Glad to come across this thread as I buy the Aldi cereal bars but thought you had to point them..now I know I can have two a day.. Happy me x

That makes sense, they're smaller but packed full of stuff where as I always find alpen lights a little airy if you know what I mean.

I thought the chocolate orange would be my favourite and I really like them, but the apple and sultana ones are gorgeous! Lucky for me actually as my aldi appear to have stopped stocking the chocolate ones :(

I thought they came in mixed boxes. Sometimes I have had to scrabble round for the choc orange as they are the most popular. I go through phases over which is my favourite, but I much prefer them to Alpen light and hi fi bars as they are so solid and chewy. Yum yum

Hi there Mrsnom,

I know the Aldi (under 70 cals) bars are 2 for a HEB - these are about £1.20 a pack.

I tend to use my heb on Nutrigrain biscuits (2 for a hex) or wholemeal bread.
Also if you look there is a thread on healthy extras - loads of ideas on there.

are they the granola bar thingys?? xx

I thought they came in mixed boxes. Sometimes I have had to scrabble round for the choc orange as they are the most popular. I go through phases over which is my favourite, but I much prefer them to Alpen light and hi fi bars as they are so solid and chewy. Yum yum

That could be it to be fair, whenever I've seen the choc ones there has been loads of them so maybe I've gone either when they've just opened a pack or when they've all gone. Worth still keeping an eye out for them though when I do go into aldi :)

Does anyone eat the Special K Chewy Delight Bars as a HEB instead of HiFi bars / Alpen Lights?

That could be it to be fair, whenever I've seen the choc ones there has been loads of them so maybe I've gone either when they've just opened a pack or when they've all gone. Worth still keeping an eye out for them though when I do go into aldi :)

I looked today and they aren't in mixed boxes any more, but they had all 3 flavours. I don't know why yours don't have them. Perhaps you can ask the manager. They aren't always able to be helpful as they just get what's sent.

I looked today and they aren't in mixed boxes any more, but they had all 3 flavours. I don't know why yours don't have them. Perhaps you can ask the manager. They aren't always able to be helpful as they just get what's sent.

I found some, they were in mixed boxes and I did what you suggested and looked in the box underneath the top one.... weird that they aren't in mixed boxes in your store anymore :/ its almost like they're trying to confuse us...

Well fancy that just checked all my books and Alpen bars have never been a hex but for some reason ive always thought they were.....no wonder Ive only lost about 8 stone ;)

I always thought they were too, someone must have told me they were!! x

Back