alternative to Cambridge bars?

serenade

finding CD bars expensive, i pay £2.30 per bar are they any alternatives that won't mess up ketosis.

am thinking exante, slim & save - any others?............ must be the crunch ones hate the chewy

want to save money but not mess up my weight loss in the process

thanks

Last edited:
serenade said:
finding CD bars expensive, i pay £1.30 per bar are they any alternatives that won't mess up ketosis.

am thinking exante, slim & save - any others?............ must be the crunch ones hate the chewy

want to save money but not mess up my weight loss in the process

thanks

You only pay £1.30?! I'm paying £1.90 for the shakes and £2.30 per bar...

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

laurenmay said:
You only pay £1.30?! I'm paying £1.90 for the shakes and £2.30 per bar...

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Yes I pay 1.90 per shake too!!! I want cheaper shakes, can we buy them online anywhere to do it at home x

kristin said:
Yes I pay 1.90 per shake too!!! I want cheaper shakes, can we buy them online anywhere to do it at home x

I don't think there's anywhere online that you can buy them, I looked & it said their only available through a CDC :(

you can only buy cambridge through a counsellor, i don't mind paying £1.90 each, its the bars i was asking about but again don;t know how much difference to cd bars.

great to save money but don;t want to risk my weight loss

I pay £2 a shake lol! Never had or been offered a bar xx

I have used Tesco Meal replacement bars before and they havent taken me out of Ketosis and I have still lost with them - not sure of price now as havent bought them for a while - they come in boxes of 3 and flavours are Raspberry Yoghurt (yummy) or chocolate (ok), they are a bigger than the Cambridge ones. Tesco did do an offer of 3 for 2 but again not sure if that is still going.

If you want cheaper shakes try Exante or Slim & Save I think you can get these online.

I personally need my weekly visit to my Councillor to keep me on the straight & narrow!

could'nt do without my counsellor, trying doing cd alone and failed big time.

i will still buy my shakes/porridge from her, it's just the bars i was wondering about saving a bit on

thanks for the reply

I have used Tesco Meal replacement bars before and they havent taken me out of Ketosis and I have still lost with them - not sure of price now as havent bought them for a while - they come in boxes of 3 and flavours are Raspberry Yoghurt (yummy) or chocolate (ok), they are a bigger than the Cambridge ones. Tesco did do an offer of 3 for 2 but again not sure if that is still going.

If you want cheaper shakes try Exante or Slim & Save I think you can get these online.

I personally need my weekly visit to my Councillor to keep me on the straight & narrow!

Yeah but there should be some standard guideline I mean essentially they all do the same job right?

I will have a look at exante, slim & save, tesco and compare the nutritional contentas want to be sure they are a 'meal replacement'

like i said i want to stick to counsellor and buy my shakes it is just the bars i would like to save money if poss

All CD bars seem bigger than alternatives & better NV in my opinion so worth the money but I suppose it's individual tastes. X

There is something called Pure Protein bars, they sell them in Asda, Chewy Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter and Truffle flavours. £1.38 each, nutritional content 201 cals, 18g carbs, per bar, very tasty and yummy, especially the chocolate chip one. I have them sometimes! Hope this helps

What about the Atkin's bars? They sell them in Superdrug. Can't remember how much they are but I'm sure they were around £1? Surely they follow the same principal as CD?

Back