Extra Easy alternative to frylight

faye cheshire

Silver Member
Hi all. Does anyone know if there is an alternative to frylight? We really dont like it and regular oils are ma:airquote:dly hi in flippin syns. Thank you in advance for any replies

Hiya!

I suppose it depends on what you're cooking. I use Frylight when I have to but try to cook as much as I can without it. For things like frying vegetables (stir frys etc.) I just put a little water in the pan rather than any kind of oil and it all cooks just as well. For frying eggs, if you've got a good non-stick pan then it should be fine to cook them without any kind of oil.

For those things that do need oil, have you thought of buying an oil sprayer? You just fill them with the oil of your choice, pump them up and spray them. This coats the pan / food in a mist of oil, rather than having to pour oil into the pan. Looking through some other forums, it sounds like 7 sprays would equal half a syn so it sounds pretty good. I don't have one but my husband's uncle uses one all the time and it is brilliant.

Thankyou. I sent for some Pam but i had thought of an oil spray. I was nt sure where to buy ..do you know. Oil is my downfall. I like you use water where i can.
Thanks again
Faye

You can get them on Amazon for reasonable prices. I expect places like Lakeland will also sell them but they'd probably be more expensive.

Back