Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Alton Towers on slimming world!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by charleybabes, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. charleybabes

charleybabes Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world Extra Easy
    im going to alton towers next week with my hubby and a group of friends..
    i was just wondering what would be the best choice to make food wise when im there..
    i cant see hubs wanting to cart around a cool box full of food so im sure its going to be a take out of some sort.. im dreading it because i really dont want to mess up ..
    what would you go for ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fennerxo

fennerxo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    there is restuarants there and also jacket potato stall!!

4. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    Jacket potato is always the SW choice when surrounded by burger vans etc...

xx

5. charleybabes

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    i cant remember seeing jacket potato stands..only maccys and kfc!!.. maybe that was because my mind was set on eating them!!..
    right will just have to get a jacket and salad then.. might take a little pot of filling with me as i hate beans!

6. lauratrev

lauratrev Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5.5lb(30.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Jacket spud stall is by air n nemisis ripsaw lol only know cos i went searchin for it lol :)

All with mayo bt wasnt too bad i just had the tuna xx bt come to think of it there probably was baked beans but i cant stand the foul things :D x

7. I_dream_slim

I_dream_slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Or just have something else and allow for it in syns...all that walking around for a few syns on full fat mayo probably wont do much damage! Oh and my advice take a banana/apple? xxx

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I went this summer - the Jacket potato stand is opposite Rita! next to a pie and a donut seller!!! (hard to resist!!!)

There is also a pizza pasta all you can eat - so you could have pasta tomato based ones and syn it (cos i am sure they would have oils in!) but i am not strong enought to resist the pizza!!!

Have fun! I used Runkeeper to monitor how far we walked and it was about 7 miles in the one day, so dont worry too much about the food - and keep to diet drinks/water!!! x

9. SJDrocit

SJDrocit Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.4lb(37%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I agree with Ellebear, I went on my bday last oct, and we went on the pizza pasta buffet, was great but It was my bday so I had everything I could lol. But they do have tomato based pastas with oil in, but they done use too much as they cook in bulk, and be too expensive otherwise.

I am going next sunday too, and I might have a jacket potato too, and take some fruit with me, we shall see :)

10. charleybabes

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    well its this friday and im already feeling a bit sick at the thought of it!!.. i hate rides but ive got to get over my fears so its the oblivion first!!..
    ive been on the alton towers website and had a look at the food thats available..i think im going to go for the jacket potato option and take a little pot of cottage cheese with me so i know that im actually having the low fat option!!
    i woudl go for pasta but im rubbish at working out syns inthings so im probably better with a plain old potato!!..
    think im going to pre make some hummus and syn free treats for when i come home so i know ive got plenty to eat without resorting to take out!!

11. charleybabes

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    i did it!

got back from alton towers before.. and im happy to say i got through the whole day syn free!!..

i bought a jacket pot from a stand.. took my own pot of cottage cheese and ate that for lunch.. had two alpen light bars mid afternoon for a snack which i used as a hxb and just had diet coke for drinks.. didnt really feel tempted even when everyone was scoffing bk and kfc .. i felt rather saintly actually!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.