Am I doing it wrong?

nixx

I've not weighed for 2 weeks, because I don't want to end up like I used to be, jumping on the scales every 5 minutes and obsessing about numbers. I weighed this morning, and I've not lost a thing. I'm doing induction (5 weeks now), not going over my 20 carbs, not struggling, not hungry - where am I going wrong, or is this normal? TOTM started yesterday, so I waited til today to weigh thinking any water retention would have disappeared.

Very fed up and wanting to pack it all in. I just want 7lbs off before my hols in 3 weeks, is that too much to ask??!!

Hi Nixx

Just wanted to say you are not alone in this. I also have been on induction and have only lost 1lb in 3 weeks!!! I have been as careful as I can and drank plenty of water. I feel in control around food and satisfied with what I am eating - but also starting to feel a bit gutted that no weight is coming off (I think I am losing cms though and people have commented that I look like I have lost weight) but on the scales - nothing much is happening.
Having looked through the book about this I am tempted to try the fat fast to kick start the weight lost... have you tried that yet?

Cheers
Laura
xx

Oh thanks Laura! I'm glad it's not just me. I'd already started getting ready for packing in and starting weight watching tomorrow, but I'll stick with it.

It's depressing, isn't it? Working so hard and not seeming to get there. I know I have lost weight, certainly in the first 3 weeks, becuase my clothes fit properly again now. If people are commenting to you, you must have lost inches too. I suppose that's all that matters - we're doing it for how we look, not for numbers on a scale, I suppose!

I haven't seen the fat fast - I'll have a look and get back to you!

Thanks for replying.

Me three on the not losing front!!

Had totm but still hoped I'd lose on week 2 of induction! Have thought about weighing in once a month to stop me getting depressed about it!!

I read about that fat fast chunky chicken was tempted myself!

Remember, it's not a plateau or a stall unless you are not losing weight OR inches!!! Don't make the mistake of thinking it's all about the numbers - I did Atkins several years ago, and started messing about with Fat Fast, etc because I wanted to see the scales moving, regardless of the fact that I had gone from a size 28 to a size 20. I regret it because it messed with my head - your body WILL catch up number-wise, just trust it :hug99:

Back