Am i doing SW right?

fat_poppy

I joined SW yesterday, I done it about 10years ago but never actually stuck to it and 10years later I'm actually 2stone heavier! Ive done so many diets, WW, lighter life and most recently ive been trying for 3years to stick to the CD. I'm a big girl and this week something happened an i knew i had to lose this weight and rejoin SW. I'm shocked at how much I'm eating and how full I feel surely I can't lose weight with all I'm eating!!

My shopping bill was lower than normal but I got loads of stuff e.g fresh fruit and veg, pasta, rice, lean meat, fish, eggs! I know it's really only my first day but can someone have a look at what I'm eating an tell me I'm doing this right?

-Last night i had a chicken stir fry! 120g of chicken, peppers, bean sprouts, mixed cabbage and onion. 385g of egg noodles. Dash of soy sauce
- 1 Muller Light Yogurt
- 30g of raisins

TODAY

-breakfast - 35g of Asda sultana branflakes
-for lunch ive had 3 small potato's (they were tiny) with a tin of tuna and 2tbs of light mayo, mixed in some spring onion, salt and pepper. had it with lots of salad and some beetroot.
-I've cooked SW mushy pea chicken curry for tea tonight and I added in some raisins gonna have it with brown rice.

Am I doing this diet right??

Hi there, Welcome to Minimins.

Your diet looks ok but why the raisins? They are fine but have a high calorie content so I am assuming you are counting them as Syns? If so, just 30g is 4 Syns so using them in a curry for example ups your Syns.

Also, have you checked that Sultana bran flakes are a healthy extra? Double check as if they are not (as I suspect) you also need to Syn these.

Hello! I've highlighted a few points in red which you may wish to consider :)

Last night i had a chicken stir fry! 120g of chicken no need to weigh your chicken if you're following Extra Easy. It's free so you can have as much as you like!, peppers, bean sprouts, mixed cabbage and onion. 385g of egg noodles Were these fresh egg noodles? If so, they're not free unfortunately. Only dried noodles are free, so these would need to be Synned.. Dash of soy sauce
- 1 Muller Light Yogurt
- 30g of raisins Raisins aren't Free / SuperFree (has caught a few people out!) so these would need to be Synned

TODAY

-breakfast - 35g of Asda sultana branflakes HExB. With a HExA of milk? As I'd assume you haven't eaten them dry?
-for lunch ive had 3 small potato's (they were tiny) with a tin of tuna and 2tbs of light mayo Synned, mixed in some spring onion, salt and pepper. had it with lots of salad and some beetroot.
-I've cooked SW mushy pea chicken curry for tea tonight and I added in some raisins As mentioned above these have Syns so dont forget to allow! gonna have it with brown rice You could have white if you prefer - we don't have to stick to wholemeal pasta/rice on SW

Hi there, Welcome to Minimins.

Your diet looks ok but why the raisins? They are fine but have a high calorie content so I am assuming you are counting them as Syns? If so, just 30g is 4 Syns so using them in a curry for example ups your Syns.

Also, have you checked that Sultana bran flakes are a healthy extra? Double check as if they are not (as I suspect) you also need to Syn these.

Hi thanks for your reply, I dunno I love raisins so yes I counted them as four syns, also counted them as syns in my curry. Also counted mayo as 3 syns today in my tuna salad. :) xxx

Hello! I've highlighted a few points in red which you may wish to consider :)

Aww ty that's really helped! I didn't know that fresh egg noodles would be syn'd and I ate a lot of it eeek! Haha yes I had skimmed milk with my cornflakes which I measured out and had as my a choice lol hehe.
Counted my raisins and mayo as syns too!

I've eaten loads I don't see how I'm gonna lose weight lol xxx

Poppy, if in doubt, get your books and magazine ( if you got one!) out to look at. There's so much info for you in there, including top swaps and a shopping list and a and b choices and how to fill out a food diary. Get into the habit of checking the lists, before you eat it! A for calcium, milk and cheese and B for fibre, cereals crispbreads and cereal bars etc, because if it's not on the list, it will be a syn. Cornflakes doesn't have enough fibre in to count as a B choice, so it's about 5 syns. xx nb; and if you make a few changes to how to cook and prepare your food, you will lose weight!

I totally agree with what everyone here has said but I would add Don't Worry! Since you're synning raisins and mayo, apart from your slip up with the fresh noodles, which is only a small slip, I think your diet sounds great. It's really common to think you're eating too much in the first week, but it's very unlikely you are. Just stick to the plan, check everything for syn value before you eat it, and measure everything that's not free (take your book everywhere with you) and you'll be fine, promise!

Good luck!

Abi x

Back