Step4 1200kcal Am i doing this correctly?

Keeliewheeliebin

biker babe!
Apologies for posting this in the general cambridge section but ive noticed that not many people look at the Maintenance 1000 etc section!
I started step 4 (1200 cal) today and im starting to get my head round it but just have a couple of questions if someone could help please.
I am presuming that the meal ideas for lunch and dinner are to give people an idea of what to eat for the calorie allowance but you dont have to stick to those recipies and ideas (if you dont want to) as it says that you can make your own meal up to the calorie allowance.
However, it doent say which foods are allowed or not allowed - i know that healthy choices should be made but are we supposed to be having a mix of carbs, fruit, veg, salad and protein?
for example i have worked out a 300 cal lunch for tomorrow as follows: Home made butternut squash and red pepper soup (basically just squash, red peppers, onion, veg stock cube and water), 1 slice of granary bread with very low fat soft cheese. this totals 300 cal exactly (as worked out on Myfitnesspal).

other days i could have a small amount of pasta, salad and egg/ low fat cheese or salad/egg sandwiches, beans on one slice of toast and some fruit etc etc.

Really, if i stick to a few carbs, veg/salad, and some protein i should be ok for lunch and dinner meals as long as i work out the calories??

i hope that im understanding this ok. My CDC doesnt have many customers and very few have made it to this point so its a little new to her too (its been a long time since she did the plan).

Many thanks for your help xx

not sure if it makes any difference but im vegetarian which is why i didnt include any meat products in my ideas! :D

Anyone? :-(

Keeliewheeliebin said:
Anyone? :-(

Aw. :) I don't think anyone's ignoring you, it's just not many of us know. Or we're jealous that you can eat 1200 calories. ;)

For what it's worth, I think you're doing exactly the right thing. Watching the calories and keeping the carbs low so the carb monster doesn't make you nibbly definitely is the right thing to do. So long as you stick to 1200, I wouldn't stress too much. And 1200 calories where you're eating lots of veg and keeping carbs low can be a lot of food to play with, so relax. Enjoy! You've earned this stage. Can't wait to be there with you (though I'm looking at 6 months minimum before I do, going by how long it took last time!)

Lily said:
Aw. :) I don't think anyone's ignoring you, it's just not many of us know. Or we're jealous that you can eat 1200 calories. ;) /QUOTE]

Awh- def not ignoring you, but I am jell you can eat 1200 cals haha :) lucky u xx

Back