1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Am i doing this right??

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by slimgirlfat, 6 March 2014 Social URL.

1. slimgirlfat

slimgirlfat Well-Known Member

Hi All

i have tried slimming world which i lost 2 and a half stone on!! but come to a stand still (plus put back on a stone)
    I have tried weight watchers (not for me)
    Now I've started calorie counting since monday (3/3/2014) so far its going great but just wanted to know at 13 stone 9lbs is 1200 calories to little?? as i don't want my body to go into starvation mode!!??
    I also would to know how much weight people have lost and how long it as took them
    Thanks Jo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. tamkat

tamkat Well-Known Member

Hi im doing a mixture of sw & calorie counting.If you start at 1200 you have no where to go to when you lose weight as you cant really go any lower than that.Maybe start off with 1400-1500 so when you get nearer to goal you can reduce to 1200? x

4. slimgirlfat

slimgirlfat Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot!! That really does make sense to me, so thanks ;-)

5. tamkat

tamkat Well-Known Member

no worries I wish I could stick to 1200 cal a day everyday but I love food far too much,you can also work out your calories over a week & have dif everyday keeps your body guessing like calorie shifting x