Am I eating too much?

Ninja

Silver Member
My OH can't believe how much I'm eating and that I'm currently having 2 main meals a day sometimes. But sometimes it's easier and better to have a meal using non or just a couple of syns rather than make a sandwich using lot's of syns cos I always have to have a LF spread, maybe some mayo, of course there's the bread and it wouldn't be complete with out a bag of crisps.
I'm keeping my syns to between 5 and 10 and I'm losing weight, so does it matter or should I try and lighten one of my meals to equal that of a sandwich?
Does anyone else eat large amounts of food?

What I have realised to date is that you should eat to lose the weight, you should be doing that throughout the day... small but often. As for the amounts as long as you count the syns. You will be fine!!!!. I have been told in sessions that when you are close to optium weight then you can be more selective.
Fill your boots that what I say!!!!

Phil X

Last edited:
I do :D

I usually eat breakfast, and two 'meals' a day. I am not a huge snacker, but when I do, fruit suits me fine. I cannot remember the last time I had just a sandwich for lunch (actually I can, but it still had a huge salad with it, and a pudding!) although sometimes I will have an 'on toast' meal (eggs, beans etc), and even an omlette is several eggs, loads of fillings, huge salad - ie a real plateful.

I believe that if you are losing weight, keeping to the plan (ie eating healthily and low fat) then what's the problem?! - it can get expensive :rolleyes: but then the crisps/choc/takeaways etc etc were always hidden costs and not exctly cheap ...

What I have realised to date is that you should eat to lose the weight, you shoukd be doing that throught the day small but often. As for the amounts as long as you count the syns. You will be fine!!!!. I have been told in sessions that when you are close to optium weight then you can be more selective.
Fill your boots that what I say!!!!

Phil X

If you look in my diary you can see the types of foods and how many syns I'm using and I do write down every single syn.
At one time I was having the odd sweetie at work and not writing it down. But I haven't touched anything and not written it down since I joined here and started a diary. I've also started counting my speed foods in an effort to increase the amount I have each day.

Can I just say that your shaking....ahem... ladies, made me laugh in your sig line.:8855: Very cheeky.

I do :D

I usually eat breakfast, and two 'meals' a day. I am not a huge snacker, but when I do, fruit suits me fine. I cannot remember the last time I had just a sandwich for lunch (actually I can, but it still had a huge salad with it, and a pudding!) although sometimes I will have an 'on toast' meal (eggs, beans etc), and even an omlette is several eggs, loads of fillings, huge salad - ie a real plateful.

I believe that if you are losing weight, keeping to the plan (ie eating healthily and low fat) then what's the problem?! - it can get expensive :rolleyes: but then the crisps/choc/takeaways etc etc were always hidden costs and not exctly cheap ...

You see I don't eat many snacks but I do have big meals, so maybe I equal out to other people who have smaller meals but snack between meals etc.

You and I sound quite similar in our eating habits - I don't usually think of eating between meals, but when my meal time arrives, I will be hungry and will want to eat lots! I routinely eat the same as, or more than my husband who weighs a stone more than me (I think he snacks more than me though - he also follows SW)

You seem to be sustaining a good rate of loss, so I honestly wouldn't worry.

You and I sound quite similar in our eating habits - I don't usually think of eating between meals, but when my meal time arrives, I will be hungry and will want to eat lots! I routinely eat the same as, or more than my husband who weighs a stone more than me (I think he snacks more than me though - he also follows SW)

You seem to be sustaining a good rate of loss, so I honestly wouldn't worry.

Yeah I eat more than the OH although he weighs a little less than me...not for much longer though.
He wolfs his food down very fast. He's the youngest of 6 and still worries someone is going to steal his food :D. Then he gets full up quick. I eat very slowly and end up clearing my plate, by which time the OH has room in his stomach again and is checking out the fridge for a yoghurt or he wants a bag of crisps :rolleyes:

I asked the same question a couple of days ago because I am eating sooooo much. I have my dinner then a few hours later I'm eating SW chips and beans etc, but guess what, I lost 2.5lb this week. Also my SWC said tonight that generally the biggest eaters are the biggest losers :) obviously eating the right foods. So eat away!

BTW you've had a great loss so it is working

My consultant said that it seems those who eat meals rather than pick all day do seem to get better losses and if you are eating free foods then its great so enjoy your food and keep losing :)

I tried having a "light" lunch and just snacked all afternoon (fruit) and never felt satisfied. By having something substantial, I can generally get away with my yoghurt at 17-1800 and then dinner at 2100 and nothing more.

My weight losses aren't great in comparison to others on the board (2lbs in a week would be a new high!) but they're steady and consistent and I'm eating like a horse.

Great, isn't it? :8855:

(BTW, where's the smiley with men's bits shaking?)

Back