Am I ready for a size 14?

Cerulean

Silver Member
I tried on my lovely size 18 winter coat today and I am swamped by it. My size 16 vest tops are starting to look baggy and unflattering on me and yet I can't ever remember a time when my top was a size 14. I would feel so strange walking into a shop and even picking something up that was that size...it's a very odd leap to make. I thought that seeing the numbers on the scales was going to be strange, but after years of having to buy the biggest clothes it seems strange to be straddling the line between Medium and Large. If you think about it - high street shops that do an 8 - 22 dress range make 8 dress sizes. Size 14-16 is bang in the middle!

When my LLC said that I might have challenges in the transition from being fat to slim because I could never remember being slim I laughed it off - I thought - 'It'll be a breeze - what's not to love about suddenly getting slim?!' - I am now starting to understand what she meant. I am very proud of my new body, but I feel like a new born calf - all shaky legs and wide eyes as I step into the world for the first time.

I had a Universal Contour wrap yesterday which I loved and the woman who last wrapped me three weeks ago didn't recognise me. And she said 'I suppose you'll have to buy a lot of clothes when you're slim. Actually - what am I saying? - you're slim already!'

I was about 17st 10 in the attached picture from May last year - I am under 13st 6 now. At my heaviest I was 18st 2.

Attachments

• day104.jpg
    day104.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 6,678
  • may2006.jpg
    may2006.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 3,172
oh my god - you look fantastic! Well done on such a fantastic weight loss.

You know what go for it & buy that size 14 - the worse that can happen is that it may not fit & you can choose to return it or keep it until it does - which will not be long - it will also give you a mini goal to aim for.

I have gone from a size 18 to a size 10 (on top anyway) and no-one is more surprised than me, even though I was typically a size 8/10 in the not too distant past. When I tried on that size 10 top & it fit, I felt on top of the world.

So go for it!!!

Cerulean, what an amazing achievement. You look like a totally different person in your before and after shots. Thanks for posting them, it is really inspiring for those of us just starting out on LL.

Johnny :D

Omg the difference is amazing you have done so well, you look so trim now.......I wish I was where you are now......!

It is hard ton adjust to buying smaller sizes, I was in a 32/34 or a 36 depending on how it fitted. I went to Evans recently to get some new tops and tried on a 32 out of thinking I couldnt be any smaller....well omg how funny....my hubby passed me some 28`s and I said no way but even they were loose. So I plumped for 26/28 though I could have gone with the 26`s but I didnt feel confident enough it is very very strange.

Keep up your hard work .....well done once again !

Hi You look really nice
I am in the 17 st and would like to get lower as i feel really fat at this weight but it will take me a long time i would like to get to 11 stone.

Thanks Bethany!

I felt terrible over 17st...but now I'm on top of the world. When I called up my LLC for the first time I couldn't imagine quite how quickly being under 11 stone would be in sight - but I can see it now - some time in July I will be there - within 6 months of starting!

Cerulean, what an amazing achievement. You look like a totally different person in your before and after shots. Thanks for posting them, it is really inspiring for those of us just starting out on LL.

Johnny :D

Thanks Johnny - just so you know, I'm on day 104 and I started on January 7th this year - you'll do it in half the time :rolleyes:

Skinny and Sonkie - thanks for your encouragement - it's very strange taking a size down that you're not used to!

Cerulean you look gorgeous and you should be out there now shopping for those size 14's. Your pictures are really amazing and they're a pleasure to see.

Well done on all your hard work, you must be so proud of what you've achieved.

Cath

Hi You look really nice
I am in the 17 st and would like to get lower as i feel really fat at this weight but it will take me a long time i would like to get to 11 stone.

Time will fly by... I started at 17stone 13lbs!! I started in October and got to 11 stone 10 by the beginning of March. I've had a month out for various reasons but hopefully another month or so should do it.

There's loads of us who seem to have started at 17 stone something - wonder what it is about that weight??

Good luck with your journey. :)

You look absolutely fantastic - well done and a great motivator for anyone else just starting out to see how good you look.

Well done!

Brilliant loss, and how well you look too, I know just how you feel about the transistion down, I struggled massivly with this at first. Even know I cant believe I am a 12 sometimes and think that people are looking at me when I pick them up off the rail!!!!

Its a lesson to be learned to automatically pick up the smaller size, I still now look at 18/20's automatically before I put them down!!!

We'll get there in the end trust me!

Hi
Im doing ww what are you doing how long did it take you to get under 11 stone I would love that wonder how long it will take me doing ww I cant wait to be under 11 stone be able to go buy smaller clothes i hopw will i be in a size 14
You are inspitation to others
well done

Thanks Bethany - I am doing Lighterlife -http://www.lighterlife.com which works quite quickly!

Awwww - thanks!

Thanks everyone! How ace and suppotive is Minimins?! :D

I did go out shopping in Covent Garden but couldn't find anything I liked (well apart from a gooooorgeous skirt in Whistles which even at 50% off was far more than I wanted to spend.) Typical that the fashion this year is smocks just as I want to show my bits off!

So I popped into Lush and bought tons of nice smellies - I am going to have the bath from heaven in a wee while. When I lived with my best mate I used to call nights like this 'Ladybath Night' so he'd know not to interrupt me for at least an hour whilst I wallowed!

Cerulean, What a great achievement and fantastic pics. I to now weigh 13.6 and if I look as good as you do I will be pleased, thanks for the photo it just shows what we can all achieve, keep up the good work you look FANTASTIC.

I just so identify with how you are feeling Cerulean. But I want to give you some hope. By practicing trying on smaller stuff, you eventually get used to being that size and it doesn't feel weird any more.

I love shopping and trying one clothes now. And recently I have started to go the the size 12s automatically now. I bypass the 14s now. It has taken time to get used to being smaller, but you will too... in time.

And another thing, invest in clothes that fit well. Yes, I know that they won't for long because you are still reducing. However,the fact is that wearing clothes that are not too big, that fit perfectly will make you feel great and slim. You will get a real sense of your new improved shape and it will help you come to terms with it.

When that happens you will that much further on with being able to stay like that. It will start to become real for you, rather than a strange dream. Then, you will be stronger in the face of temptations, difficulties, issues, which will crop up from time to time.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!

Wow! What an incredibe difference! Thanks for sharig, its so encouraging at the start to see peopl who are ahead of you!! Its weird isnt it! I never thought that weight dropping off so quickly would be so scary but it is! Mind you look forward to being under a size 16 so you go & enjy the size 14 or me eh!! and dont forget to post a photo - virtual shopping by proxy!!

ISOM - I will enjoy being a 14 so much! Believe me! What's great about this board is that you can always find someone who's been there before and maybe even started out at a very similar BMI so it's not completely mysterious!

AJ - thanks for that advice. I've never tried anything on in a shop and actually bought it - the mirrors are too much of an issue - no matter how good I feel about myself there is nothing more unflattering than a changing room mirror (and you'd think they'd want to sell the clothes!) But you're right - getting the right fit is so important - even if it won't be for long!

Back