Am i the only one?

Baby-belle

Gold Member
I just wanted to see if there is any one out there that has the same issue as me as I do think I am the only one who when they are I'll with a virus still wants to eat!

I can barley swallow and feel sick yet I'm still thinking about my stomach I think it is partly boredom but all I want is chocolate and naughty things and to lay in bed and be a fat slob....

Why can't I be someone that is turned away from food ?

I know what you mean, I didn't feel well over the weekend and it seemed a natural reflex to want to eat (despite not feeling hungry) and constantly had my nose in the fridge looking for something to pick at and to feel 'satisfied'. I think it's a combination of two things; comfortable familiarity (when you were a child and ill you were given your favorite foods maybe?) and the fact that your body is fighting something so needs the additional support in terms of proteins, sugars, carbs etc. I think this is ok, you're using a lot more energy than you think when you're unwell, so don't fret about it.

It's not helped by the fact you feel rotten so the last thing you want to do is go shopping or cook! Not only that, but it's not always easy to prepare for feeling ill. I don't know what to suggest as I think I was lucky at the time as I only had SW-friendly things in the house - but I didn't feel so lucky about it at the time!!

I wouldn't worry about it though, it's far more important you fight the bug and get better. SW will always be there another day when you're feeling up to it.

Get well soon!

Yeh I know but the last thing I want is fruit when I'm poorly why can't we crave good things! I might make some sw chips they are always a comfort although at the moment feeling very sick thanks I'm glad I'm not alone!

SW are definitely the answer when poorly!! Oh yes! Guilt-free and filling!! Enjoy!

I still eat too, although after the bad tummy Monday night I didn't eat until 8 pm Tuesday.
However if you have a cold/ sinusitis/cough avoid chocolate and dairy products as it causes your body to make more mucus, the last thing you need is more snot!

I still eat when im ill, it's horrible. Plus, I'm on the injection so technically I don't get a *week but I still get the stomach cramps, feel generally crappy and want to eat loads of stodgy junk on, what would be, my *week. So far this week I've managed to look after those cravings with a sw chip butty, sw fish and chips and a cooked breakfast with edgy bread. Not much superfree for me there though :-(

i am exactly the same.....have a fluey type bug at the moment...fuzzy head,ache all over,burning throat and nose etc......and im starving!!! so ignoring bad thoughts and maxing out a green day!

You're definitely not the only one. It doesn't seem to matter what ailment I have, I will still want to eat, and often more than usual or at least not the good stuff.

My husband could go off food for days if he's a bit poorly and I've always been so envious of him. He had a tummy bug back at the start of March - I know because I had planned a meal out for his birthday and we had to cancel. Anyway, he's still picky about his food, and won't touch anything creamy as it's "so rich it makes him feel ill again" :eek: I just can't understand that at all.

Shirleen said:
I still eat too, although after the bad tummy Monday night I didn't eat until 8 pm Tuesday.
However if you have a cold/ sinusitis/cough avoid chocolate and dairy products as it causes your body to make more mucus, the last thing you need is more snot!

I don't have snot thank god I have a really strange bug I can't stand for long without going dizzy and feeling sick and just feel weak after a wave of sickness I straight away think oh what can I eat lol

lurverick said:
i am exactly the same.....have a fluey type bug at the moment...fuzzy head,ache all over,burning throat and nose etc......and im starving!!! so ignoring bad thoughts and maxing out a green day!

Ha ha I'm so glad I though oh sam I've got no hope

I know I'm so hungry and the weird thing is I feel sick! It took me an hour to wash up 5 items as I had to keep Sitting down but I still want sw chips

I haven't slept either! I have work tomorrow to so I'm hoping I'll be ok! Just put sw chips in! Don't know what to have with it to make it ee though any ideas? I so don't fancy healthy stuff ha ha

Extra lean bacon and an egg fried in fry light.
OR sw fish and chips, they're lovely and very good for the stodgy food cravings, if it wasn't for the injection I would be on my star week this week so have had sw chip butty, fish and chips and a cooked brunch this morning.

Thanks I had sw chips quorn with peppers mushrooms and tomatoes and a dip I made, now I want something sweet lol

Back