amazed at forum viewing figures for SW

piX128

Being new and generally nosing at all I can find on here ( anyone have a map and a comfy chair for when I need to sit for a bit? ;) ) I've noticed just how many more people are consistently looking at the SW forum as opposed to any of the other plans. All three times I've looked throughout the day SW had around the 450/520 number, WW was around the 100 mark and the others, not unsuprisingly, smaller numbers still.

It looks like Ive chosen the right plan, backed up by all the inspirational diaries and other posts Ive been reading over the last couple of days !

*Hums* " Im in with the in-crowd " :D

grin !!! x

I always assumed that apart from the obvious fantastically splendidness of this particular SW forum, that certainly it was helped by SW not providing a forum of their own coz they are scared of forums, unlike their obvious market competitor who provide their own.

That and the fact that people who don't have access to syns online Google for syns in a particular food and all the top links point here. And the fact that we are splendid of course.

forums take a lot of management, and with a lot of corporate companies they're scared of putting a foot wrong and getting sued.

Ilike that this site isn't linked with SW itself. when I was a member of a parenting forum run by a corporate company, you couldn't criticise ANYTHING because the powers that be would remove your post, thread or even kick you off the forum. nobody was allowed an opinion about anything from biscuits (uh oh don't mention that you don't like a certain brand!) to parenting help manuals. it became ridiculous.

here I know I can say things like "I want to eat my fruit after my dindins" or "how does my stomach know I've chewed that banana and not mashed it up?" and not worry about minimins kicking me off for impertenance lol.

I'm always impressed by how many are viewing the SW posts but lots of other sites, official WW & Cambridge, all have their own forums so not as many would be looking on here as SW. I come on this site a million times a day, love it!

Ilike that this site isn't linked with SW itself. when I was a member of a parenting forum run by a corporate company, you couldn't criticise ANYTHING because the powers that be would remove your post, thread or even kick you off the forum. nobody was allowed an opinion about anything from biscuits (uh oh don't mention that you don't like a certain brand!) to parenting help manuals. it became ridiculous.

I was a mod for a parenting (moms specifically) forum and it was an eye-opener. Every single topic could start an argument or someone would get hurt feelings and then get huffy about it.

That's why I'm so impressed with this site and the people who are on it :) And it's totally helpful and supporting.

ahhh , thanks for explaining about how the numbers might add up. As I found this great place by searching for info on SW myself, it makes a lot of sense.

I still think this is the place to be though - grin !! x

Back