New here.. looking for support on SW whilst pg? Please help :)

mrstd83

Hi everyone!

I am looking for help! I am 16wks pregnant with my 3rd and due to being heavier than the other 2 to start with, and finding it hard to shed the weight after even with BF and having babies/toddlers to run around after I am really desperate not to gain!

I was going to start earlier on but due to feeling sick and going off a lot of food I just couldn't. I was 12st when I became pg with the first, gained 3 stone by eating like a pig. With my 2nd I was 12st 9 to start with (took me a while to get back to even that) and gained about 2stone. But I seemed to lose less after (the first few weeks after baby when you shed baby related weight and water). It took me a while again to get back to about 12st 4 which I stuck at for a while. However, I managed to gain in between getting married and getting pg this time, and was around 13st 2 to begin. I am now 13st 8.

I have done SW in the past. Joined groups, online... groups worked best but I work shifts and to go to the same on each week will be hard, and don't really want to go to all different groups at different times/days. I have books etc and hopefully am in the right frame of mind now to try and go it alone, with some extra help from people in the same situation.

I don't want to lose weight during pg but would like to gain very little from now on (healthily as obv I will gain weight of baby/placenta/fluid etc). If I could end up lighter after baby is here that would be a bonus.

I know I have to sensible and don't plan to starve myself. So... anyone else done/doing Sw whilst pg. How did it go? OR hos is it going?

Help and advice appreciated x

Hi everyone!

I am looking for help! I am 16wks pregnant with my 3rd and due to being heavier than the other 2 to start with, and finding it hard to shed the weight after even with BF and having babies/toddlers to run around after I am really desperate not to gain!

I was going to start earlier on but due to feeling sick and going off a lot of food I just couldn't. I was 12st when I became pg with the first, gained 3 stone by eating like a pig. With my 2nd I was 12st 9 to start with (took me a while to get back to even that) and gained about 2stone. But I seemed to lose less after (the first few weeks after baby when you shed baby related weight and water). It took me a while again to get back to about 12st 4 which I stuck at for a while. However, I managed to gain in between getting married and getting pg this time, and was around 13st 2 to begin. I am now 13st 8.

I have done SW in the past. Joined groups, online... groups worked best but I work shifts and to go to the same on each week will be hard, and don't really want to go to all different groups at different times/days. I have books etc and hopefully am in the right frame of mind now to try and go it alone, with some extra help from people in the same situation.

I don't want to lose weight during pg but would like to gain very little from now on (healthily as obv I will gain weight of baby/placenta/fluid etc). If I could end up lighter after baby is here that would be a bonus.

I know I have to sensible and don't plan to starve myself. So... anyone else done/doing Sw whilst pg. How did it go? OR hos is it going?

Hi hun! Congratulations and welcome :) Wow, baby no 3 - how exciting! :D

I'm 15+5 today so not far behind you at all!! And my pre-pregnancy weight is similar to yours too at 13st 5lbs... (unfortunately/fortunately I've had many food aversions and quite a bit of nausea so I've managed to lose a lb and I'm currently 13st 4, but originally SW was my plan too :) )

As I've just mentioned, because of the amount of food I've gone off and the nausea etc I haven't managed to stick to plan but I'm hoping that I'm slowly getting there so I can finally eat healthy, nutritious food again!

Dubchick on here (she has a diary on this section) - she's doing pretty well with her eating and so far has even lost weight so she'd be a good one to get in touch with ;) :D

Look forward to chatting with you!! Another feb baby :D

xxx

Hi everyone!

Heya...
Firstly.. Congratulations on your BFP.. Exciting times.. Especially when you have little ones to join in the excitment..
And secondly.. Well done on your weight loss after each pregnancy.. That's hard to do espeically when dealing with becoming a new Mammy and having to put a little ones every need before yours.. So well done..

I'm Frances.. Pregnant for the first time after a long time trying and so excited at the prospect of becoming a Mammy.. I'm currently 17+3, and half a pound lighter than my when I got my BFP..
I was initially following SW but due to toast being my saviour and having 4 slices of bread per day rather than the 2 "allowed" on plan I've decided it'd suit me better to just try healthy eating instead.. So far its working OK although I do have a few treats too.. You've got to, right?! :)
So, am here to support and advise where I can... Good luck with both journeys :)

Back