Extra Easy At it again.............

who in their right mind would start off on a SW plan just 2 days before the new year - well that would be me - but then again I am not alluding to be in my right mind!!

This morning I woke up and just decided to take the plunge and start again with SW, I have done this before with some success, but over the past year I have wrecked all my good work and now I am at my heaviest.

The wake up call was finding my fat pants in the wardrobe this morning, thinking hey hey - a comfy day awaits - only to find that they are soooo tight and totally unbearable - even had to unzip at one point:eek: - well that is it, no way am I getting any fatter!!

Now I don't for one minute think this is going to be easy, first of all I am an old bird...just the wrong side of 50! eek!! and I live in Austria which does not really cater for SW, for example there are very few low fat dairy products out there - definitely no Muller lights etc, so I need to be really organised, plan my meals and have a few things stashed in the freezer for when things get just too hectic. I am a SW online member so at least I can calculate the syns in what I buy though. I have no sweet tooth which I suppose is a good thing but I do enjoy my wine and beer a little too much - oh what the hell I like all alcohol a little too much - if you know what I mean - wink, wink ;).

So that said I started off without any plan whatsoever:p - here is today's munchies

Breakfast: eggs fried in low cal spray oil on 2 slices of wholemeal toast, 1.5 tsp lurpak spreadable = 2.5 syns

Lunch: made the Red lentil, harissa and turkey soup (free) from the SW online site , satsuma, raspberries

Dinner: Cajun chicken/pasta bake = 2 syn (recipe served 4 and uses 1 tbsp cornflour and 3 tbsp philadelphia lightest in the recipe so going for 2 syn per portion - total over estimation but better over than under). Raspberries, 0%fat fromage frais and 1 tsp choc shot = 0.5 syn

Also had a 0% alcohol beer - ran it through the syn calculator and it came in at 4 syns

I have used HEA as milk in a few cuppas throughout the day.

And finally for exercise I took my dog for a 1 hour walk - probably around 6-7km - will check OH 'map my walk' for accurate distance.

So now my promise to myself is to come on minimins regularly and try to keep track of my progress - there you go - that is positive - I am expecting progress:D:D:D

Welcome to Minimins,:)

I'm also on the wrong side of 50 well nearer 60 really.
Slimming World can be done with out all those low fat products. Lucky you no sweet tooth. That was my biggest downfall.
You can still have alcohol just not as much as you are use to.;)

Good luck and if there are any questions just ask.:)

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0323.JPG IMG_0324.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0405.JPG

Thanks craftermary, I am sure I am going to need some advice at some point in this journey:)

Well I had a fantastic New Year and was really pretty good for most of the time, I was aware of the SW plan but didn't really count syns - although just thinking about it did mean I made a couple of good choices when I would otherwise just have dived into the grub without a care.

Back to work now though so it has become a bit easier - it's sort of frowned upon if your sitting at your desk with pasta sauce dripping off your chin and a dish of crisps at the side that could feed a small village!! So I am trying to be all elegant with my salad and fruit - think I am getting away with it - if only stomach would stop rumbling!! I am thinking of bringing the dog in and making her sit under my desk - just so I can blame her for the rumblings and groanings.:p

So I have posted a few piccies of what I have eaten over the past days, in no particular order.. but as I am now properly 'at it again' I will start to record my munchings too

Yesterday
Breakfast: Bread, ham, boiled egg

Lunch: Strawberries, raspberries, banana, satsuma and fat free yogurt (free)

Dinner: Lasagne 3 syns, salad, 1 glass wine 6 syns

Today:
Breakfast: Ham and Egg sarnie with ELF mayo 1 syn, satsuma

Lunch: SW quiche with salad, raspberries, strawberries fat free yougurt (free).

Dinner: planning to have Keema and rice - cooked last night - SW friendly as in free;) will have some veggies alongside too for speed.

Haha just realised that the photos have gone to the top of the post - is that normal?? I will figure out how this works as I go along.

Till next time

:p

Back