American style pancake recipe

Gem_bear

Silver Member
This is my favourite pancake recipe and I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have worked out the pp correctly? It's seems right to me, not sure about the caster sugar though.

Recipe makes 6 very good sized pancakes. I recommend it!

250ml semi skimmed milk (4 pp)
175g plain flour (11 pp)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar (? 2pp)
2 eggs (3 pp)

Total 20 pp

*bump*

The caster sugar is right 2 points for 1tbsn 3 points for 2 than, the flour is coming up at 16 points for 175g, medium eggs are 4 points for 2 or 5 points for 3 (the hidden points always scare me so I check how many for 10 of everything so know if they drop half a point to make it whole) But 4 points each for American pancakes that are a great deal thicker than normal ones still sounds good, ww give a recipe for pancakes with nutella and banana filling that works out 7 points for 2 but wafer thin pancakes and using skimmed milk so half the points are the nutella lol

Cori said:
The caster sugar is right 2 points for 1tbsn 3 points for 2 than, the flour is coming up at 16 points for 175g, medium eggs are 4 points for 2 or 5 points for 3 (the hidden points always scare me so I check how many for 10 of everything so know if they drop half a point to make it whole) But 4 points each for American pancakes that are a great deal thicker than normal ones still sounds good, ww give a recipe for pancakes with nutella and banana filling that works out 7 points for 2 but wafer thin pancakes and using skimmed milk so half the points are the nutella lol

Oh yeah! I have just re pointed the flour abs you're right. The baking powder needs to be pointed too. Got that completely wrong! Thanks for getting back to me xxx

Hopefully this is it then:

250ml semi skimmed milk (4 pp)
175g plain flour (16 pp)
4 tsp baking powder (2 pp)
1 tbsp caster sugar (2pp)
2 eggs (4 pp)

Total: 28 eek lol

Back