Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

An unexpected lunch!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by AMUL, 11 March 2011 Social URL.

1. AMUL

AMUL Member

I have had a bit of a slip the last 2 days and have gone off track a bit. :sigh:
    Anyway - this morning I was determined I was going to do a full SW day! Anyway, I managed a coffee morning without eating any croissants, biscuits and cake and felt quite proud! I then had to go and pick something up from a friend at lunch time and she asked me to stay. I felt bad about saying no, so I said yes. Luckily we just had toasted ham & cheese s'wiches so I am hoping that I won't have consumed too many syns.

PLease can you just check that I I have syned everything correctly as I am quite new to SW.

2 slices whited grained bread - Can this be my HEB or must it be synned?
    Cheese - can be my HEA???
    Ham - am on a red day so can be free??
    am allowing 3 syns for extras just incase as I don't know if she used butter etc!!

What do you think - am I able to use it all as HEB & A's or do I need to syn the whole thing??? ( Am thinking I will have to syn the bread!)

I just want to know if I can eat anything else today or whether I am limited to free foods and if I have done much damage!!

Thanks,
    :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    You def have to syn your bread, I'm afraid. No getting round that. Even if it had been brown, I don't think there's any wholegrain/seeded breads that are HEbs? (I could be wrong there, but you'll deffo have to syn what you had :()

As a one of, like that, I probably would class the cheese as my HEa, and as you're on red, you get 2 x HEas, so weight wise, you're probably OK (ish) lol

Ham's fine.

Does she not know you're doing SW? Most friends are happy enough to use brown bread/not offer you cheese/not use spread etc. if you mention it.

If it was me, I'd class this as both my HEas, but would assume that all/more than 15syns had been used by the bread/butter/extra cheese etc, so would stick to free foods for the rest of today :)

4. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    .....oh, and WELL DONE for resisting the coffee morning tempatations! Go girl!

5. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    ....if you're a girl? lol Eeek....

6. AMUL

AMUL Member

ahhhhh, thanks for your reply. I thought I would have to syn the bread but was hoping I could get away with the rest. I have only just started SW so my friend didn't know and I didn't want to tell her there and then; I could see she had prepared some lunch!

HAve def gone over 15 syns today so it looks like a syn free day tomorrow!!!
    :cry:

7. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    You're best to take it one day at a time. Don't "punish" yourself today for yesterday's sarnie. Start each day fresh with 15 syns to enjoy :)x

Last edited: 12 March 2011
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.