and another newbie ...

Hi all
Just read a lot of posts, lots of geat advice and encouragement! I am starting the diet tomorrow - being Monday and all that:)
Taken a while to get over the shock of being told I'm clinically obese :( but prepared to make a change ... and joining this forum is one of the first steps (no one else really knows either how heavy I really am, or about the tablets)
So here goes :)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks for the replies, feeling more positive now I've started - all ok at the moment :) Just trying to get my head around the 5g of fat rule...

Welcome to the forum! Coming on here often definitely helps with the motivation, and Rach is right, you'll soon get to know what you can and can't have! :)

hiya hun and welcome. :)

i'm sure you will do just fine. :)

the 5 g per 100 really opens your eyes to why you were putting on weight :eek:... and the thought of what happens if you do go over is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow :eek::eek:

keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on ;)

Definately agree with the opening your eyes to that amount of fat I was eating !! First few days have been quite difficult to find anything that's ok to eat (ie everything I wanted was way over the 5g).
And this morning has been an 'experience' I would rather not repeat, perhaps my system is getting used to the tablets?
Obviously weighing myself every day - no difference yet....but early days I know... my fat is very stubbon :)

i went to aldi yesterday and got a jar of s/sour with less than 5.

i also got some french toast which is low cos i really need to have something to crunch once in a while. :rolleyes:

and i got some low fat soft cheese to spread on it so i was quite happy.

you can eat beans or spaghetti on toast as well.

keep at it hun and we will all soon be skinny minnies :D

not sure about the beans :)
but spaghetti would be ok
have been eating pretzels and trying to convince myself they are just as nice as crisps (not really working)
still having a slim fast for breakfast as I have trouble eating first thing - obviously I make up for it later on in the day !! Does anyone know if they are within the 5g rule, I think they are, but with a weight gain this week, maybe I'm wrong

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I've just bought a lot of Slim Fast stuff as I want to give it a try, but I think (don't quote me though, I'm not 100% sure!) the powdered shakes are about 6% fat before you add the milk? So not too much over, I doubt you'd get side effects from it. The ready-to-drink shakes are about 2% fat so they'll be ok, but all of the snacks and meal bars are over the 5% rule, so I'd avoid them!

Back