And it's back to the beginning we go.......

ruthiebusybee

.........with all that's going on with FIL recently, I've neglected my efforts with eating better and even the running has waivered over the last few weeks (okay, so month at least).

I was doing really well on both, and considering the root cause of FIL's problems, I have decided that I need a kick up the wotsit and make more effort.

So, tonight I am off to join up with a group again...............

I also think it will be me good to have an hour or so each week where I'm not surrounded by everything that's going on and have a selfish bit of time to myself. I know that sounds awful, but I know I'm not going to be any support to OH and MIL if I don't take better care of myself.

.........with all that's going on with FIL recently, I've neglected my efforts with eating better and even the running has waivered over the last few weeks (okay, so month at least).

I was doing really well on both, and considering the root cause of FIL's problems, I have decided that I need a kick up the wotsit and make more effort.

So, tonight I am off to join up with a group again...............

I also think it will be me good to have an hour or so each week where I'm not surrounded by everything that's going on and have a selfish bit of time to myself. I know that sounds awful, but I know I'm not going to be any support to OH and MIL if I don't take better care of myself.

You know Ruthie, I am sure that most of us have been in a situation where it has been really hard not to fall off the wagon.I know I have and like you I have picked myself up and caught the next passing wagon .

There are 2 issues here one is starting again..........you have done that.........great stuff.
The second one is making time for yourself. Under the circumstances it is even more important you do that. It is so easy to lose the sparkle that all those around you need, FIL more than most, if you are constantly so close to the problem it becomes like a weight dragging you down.
Can you get out on your own, even if it is only for a coffee with a friend who makes you feel happy, good? The last thing you need is someone who will drag you down.
Take your * me* time and whatever you do never feel guilty about it.
You will need all your energy for OH and MIL further down the line so build your reserves now.

big hugs xxxx

It really doesn't sound selfish to make time for you - firstly you deserve every minute of it and secondly you'll be able to support your family better if you feel healthy, calm and have some energy.

Good luck getting going again, you'll be back in the swing of it before you know it!! xxx

Well, I did go back to meeting, but all I lost was 10 pounds as in £.

Thing took a turn for the worse and my dear FIL has now passed away much sooner than we expected.

As we have been journeying back and forth to the hospital, we've ended up grabbing takeaways, almost for every meal of the day.

Today is the first day back on the wagon, and so far so good.

xx

I am so sorry to hear your sad news and my heart and best wishes go out to everyone in your family.
Good luck in your journey and as always your family on here are here for you xxx

I am very, very sorry Ruth. He was so poorly he did well to make it as far as he did. He must have had great inner strength.

You know that my love and compassion go to all of you.

My only advice is, to take one day at a time. If you feel up to SW, great, go for it, if not be kind to yourself. You have enough to cope with at present so do not beat yourself up about not having got back on plan.

hugs xxxx

So sorry to hear your sad news - you have my condolences :(

I'm with Fillymum on this. If you can manage to be on plan great, dont worry if you cant. Things will settle down eventually and just getting along on a day to day basis will be hard enough for a while. You have my admiration for even thinking about getting back on plan. xxx

Back