And now the good bit......Maintaining!

You're maintaining now Debbie so dont worry about a 2lb gain, just try looking at it over the month. I will be weighing on the 3rd of every month & as long as I dont go over the 3lb, I'll be happy. 3lb less would be ideal tho LOL!

Well, I've been a very naughty girl the last 2 days, which is not a problem as hubby on leave & knew it would be difficult. So I have 10 days to reign it in before the next proper WI. Back on plan today & will post my food diary in a bit as just off to the Chiropractor & then clothes shopping for hubby

Kim can I join you wi monthly again scales doing me head in back to wi daily need to move away from them and get a grip lol :)
Enjoy your shopping day you after anything in particular or just browsing ? Xx

You're maintaining now Debbie so dont worry about a 2lb gain, just try looking at it over the month. I will be weighing on the 3rd of every month & as long as I dont go over the 3lb, I'll be happy. 3lb less would be ideal tho LOL!

Well, I've been a very naughty girl the last 2 days, which is not a problem as hubby on leave & knew it would be difficult. So I have 10 days to reign it in before the next proper WI. Back on plan today & will post my food diary in a bit as just off to the Chiropractor & then clothes shopping for hubby

I know you are right Kim but I feel if I left it to once a month I'd go out of control altogether!!!

I know you are right Kim but I feel if I left it to once a month I'd go out of control altogether!!!

that's what i felt but it can work. why not try every two weeks? scales totally determine my mood and my attitude

that's what i felt but it can work. why not try every two weeks? scales totally determine my mood and my attitude

That's how I am, if I have low reading I'm in great form. If the number is on the high side I can be in bad form. If only I had the guts to put the scales away altogether.
When we moved house 4 years ago I threw out my scales. I went for 6 mths without one and it felt great. I exercised ate within reason and then I bought a scales and I was 7lbs heavier than I had been!!! I was shocked and horrified. I was running 30+ miles a week and I think because I was running so much I thought I could eat what I wanted. I need the scales to keep me in line but maybe I could try every 2 weeks.
When I think about it logically I have been 8st8 - 8st10 since Xmas so what am I so worried about??? If I was advising someone else, I'd say weighing monthly is enough.....so why can't I listen?

Kim can I join you wi monthly again scales doing me head in back to wi daily need to move away from them and get a grip lol :)
Enjoy your shopping day you after anything in particular or just browsing ? Xx

Im weighing on the 3rd of every month Ronnie as I reached my target on the 3rd May, so thought I would carry on from there. I daren't weigh at the minute as had too many off plan days lol! Yay, come & join in the monthly weighs.
Just had to get hubby some bits, so he's all sorted now, but does need me to go shopping for trousers or he comes back with old man slacks lol! he has no idea on fashion my boy! x

Get new scales Deb & it might improve your mood lol! x

That's how I am, if I have low reading I'm in great form. If the number is on the high side I can be in bad form. If only I had the guts to put the scales away altogether.
When we moved house 4 years ago I threw out my scales. I went for 6 mths without one and it felt great. I exercised ate within reason and then I bought a scales and I was 7lbs heavier than I had been!!! I was shocked and horrified. I was running 30+ miles a week and I think because I was running so much I thought I could eat what I wanted. I need the scales to keep me in line but maybe I could try every 2 weeks.
When I think about it logically I have been 8st8 - 8st10 since Xmas so what am I so worried about??? If I was advising someone else, I'd say weighing monthly is enough.....so why can't I listen?

Haha, thats what Im like, hence I dont weigh that often....have always hated the scales, work of the devil lol!!!
You've done brilliantly Debbie to maintain for so long, so get off those scales & enjoy your new bod x

Wednesday 22nd May

Off Plan!

Thursday 23rd May

Off Plan!

Friday 24th May
EE

B: Coffee
L: Pastrami & tomato sandwich with celery sticks
D: Bolognese & baked potato

HexA: 40g LF cheese
HexB: 60g wm bread

Syns: 30g wm bread 3, mayo & mustard 1, milk 3.... Tot 7

Snacks: melon, apple, grapes, yogurt

Last edited:
Lovely on plan day yesterday & food all sorted for today. Hubby & I are just off to do an 18 mile bike ride along the new Trailway, but have to use our mountain bikes as the terrain is a bit dodgy. So, food for today is....

Saturday 25th May
EE

B: Berries & yogurt
L: Pastramin & tomato sandwich with celery sticks
D: Peanut butter chicken curry with brown rice & peas

HexA: Milk
HexB: 60g WM bread

Syns: 30g wm bread 3, mayo & mustard 1 peanut butter 4

Snacks:

Exercise: 18 mile bike ride

Last edited:
Lovely on plan day yesterday & food all sorted for today. Hubby & I are just off to do an 18 mile bike ride along the new Trailway, but have to use our mountain bikes as the terrain is a bit dodgy. So, food for today is....

Saturday 25th May
EE

L: Pastramin & tomato sandwich with celery sticks
D: Peanut butter chicken curry with brown rice & peas

HexB: 60g WM bread

Syns: 30g wm bread 3, mayo & mustard 1 peanut butter 4

Snacks:

Exercise:

Looks good Kim, enjoy ye're bike ride.

Im weighing on the 3rd of every month Ronnie as I reached my target on the 3rd May, so thought I would carry on from there. I daren't weigh at the minute as had too many off plan days lol! Yay, come & join in the monthly weighs.
Just had to get hubby some bits, so he's all sorted now, but does need me to go shopping for trousers or he comes back with old man slacks lol! he has no idea on fashion my boy! x

Get new scales Deb & it might improve your mood lol! x

Haha, thats what Im like, hence I dont weigh that often....have always hated the scales, work of the devil lol!!!
You've done brilliantly Debbie to maintain for so long, so get off those scales & enjoy your new bod x

mean scales in general

Oh dear, another disastrous day yesterday food/alcohol wise, really need to get a grip here! I knew it would be difficult & all best laid plans & all that.......lol!
Today & tomorrow will defo be on plan as working tonight & hubby cooking a lamb roast & enough for 4 dinners, so tomorrow night all sorted as well. We're having a late lunch/early dinner as need to leave for work fairly early, so meals all at different times than normal.

Sunday 26th May
Red

L: Ham sandwich
D: Roast lamb dinner with Jerseys, carrots, swede, green beans & leeks

HexA: Light Phili....goes in the leeks & swede...yummy!
HexB: Jersey potatoes

Syns: 30g wm bread 3, gravy 2, crisps 4, pickle 2 -Tot 11

Snacks: Fruit & yogurt

Exercise: 1.5 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Just up from a night shift, so meals will be slightly lacking today as cant really face food first thing, but looking forward to a lovely roast lamb dinner later & then some choccie watching BGT!

Monday May 27th
Red

D: Roast lamb dinner

HexA: Light Phili
HexB: Jersey potatoes
HexB: 6 crackerbread

Syns: Gravy 2, Choc Phili 6 - Tot 8

Snacks: Fruit & yogurt

Exercise: 4 mile powerwalk

Last edited:
Onto the 3rd day of the roast lamb, thats 6 dinners worth of a very large leg on half price from Tesco. All the veggies eaten, so just going to chop up the rest of the meat & make a Peanut Butter Lamb Curry .......3rd day on plan & feeling all puffy, so aim today is to drink more as rather lacking in drinking clear fluids tuttut!

Tuesday May 28th
EE

L: Egg, onion, tomato & spinach sandwich
D:peanut Butter Lamb Curry with brown rice/green beans/peas

Syns: wm bread 3, peanut butter 4.5, Greek yogurt 0.5, Flake 7 - Tot 15

Snacks: Fruit

Exercise: NONE!

Last edited:
Are you enjoying having Mr H home?

I'm going to try the chicken peanut butter curry on Saturday but Abu Dhabi does not do reduced fat peaut butter so will have higher syns. XX

Haha, yes its lovely having him home but the food bill has gone up somewhat lol! Im also having some naughty off plan days when the sun makes an appearance & we decide to stop DIY & go to the pub!

I dont use the reduced fat peanut butter, so its still only 4.5 syns per tablespoon/serving & so worth it. Which version are you doing, the 1st or 2nd, coz there are 2 recipes? I preferred the 2nd version as it wasn't as hot! Also fiddled around with it a bit to suit to taste, but its one of my fave dishes.

How's your week going? On for a good loss? xx

Haha I can imagine it has :)
Aww that's good though, definitely need to make the most of the Sun when it shows it's face!

That's not too bad then, which would you recommend and any other tips? :) I've not got the recipe from Pete's thread yet.

Week has been a struggle, looking like only half off. Just one of those weeks I think! X

Any decent Peanut Butter would do & I like extra sweetener as prefer a sweeter curry.
Any loss is good so dont be disheartened.....why has it been a struggle? Too many socials????? xx

Here its Danni......

Pete’s Peanut Butter Chicken (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Crushed chilli flakes
½ tsp Madras curry powder
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp. Sweetener
2 level tbsp. Peanut butter (9syn/2=4.5 syns per person)
2 tbsp. Skimmed milk
2 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
50g Frozen peas (ff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250ml Passata (s) (sff)
300g Chicken Breast, cubed (s) (ff)
Ground black pepper

Method

In a pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until the meat goes white, remove & set aside.
Cook the onion until it’s soft, add the chilli flakes, curry powder, pepper, lemon juice, sweetener, milk, soy sauce & passata, mix well, add the peanut butter, heat until it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan & simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan, add 3 times the quantity of water & turmeric (for colouring), add a pinch of salt, cook until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, tip into a sieve & run under a hot tap. Place the sieve on top of the saucepan, add the peas, cover with a lid & return to the cooker & on a low light allow to steam for a few minutes. Plate up.

i wouldn't worry Kim...know you are not anyway...but hubby home was bound to mean extra or more days of indulgence. if you can't enjoy some drinks and nice food when hubby is home, when can you? you will be on track before you know it. is it 1 or 3 months he is home?

Aww thank you :) Off to do my shopping now for the weekend. Sound funny but Thursday is our "Friday" hehe

Not had too much socially, think it's boredom if I'm in at night and with H being away, need to plan more stuff through the week!

Here its Danni......

Pete's Peanut Butter Chicken (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp Crushed chilli flakes
½ tsp Madras curry powder
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tbsp. Sweetener
2 level tbsp. Peanut butter (9syn/2=4.5 syns per person)
2 tbsp. Skimmed milk
2 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
50g Frozen peas (ff)
100g Long grain rice (ff)
250ml Passata (s) (sff)
300g Chicken Breast, cubed (s) (ff)
Ground black pepper

Method

In a pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until the meat goes white, remove & set aside.
Cook the onion until it's soft, add the chilli flakes, curry powder, pepper, lemon juice, sweetener, milk, soy sauce & passata, mix well, add the peanut butter, heat until it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan & simmer on a low heat for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the rice to a saucepan, add 3 times the quantity of water & turmeric (for colouring), add a pinch of salt, cook until the water has been absorbed, remove from the heat, tip into a sieve & run under a hot tap. Place the sieve on top of the saucepan, add the peas, cover with a lid & return to the cooker & on a low light allow to steam for a few minutes. Plate up.

This looks yum, my hubby loves satay so I must try it.

Back