And we are off.......

katieloo

I joined yesterday, a bit about me.... I'm 42 and I've always battled with my weight. I coped up to about 34 because I was very fit. All went wrong when I had my daughter, I have had a bumpy ride since then. Depression, break ups, another baby etc etc. I am now a single mum with an 8 year old and 14 month old. The last year has been very very tough and I am currently off sick with depression. I am trying to get a grip of myself and eat properly and exercise. I also on medication and receiving counselling. Babs my counsellor suggested keeping a diary so here I am!

I started properly this morning after bankrupting myself at sainsburys yesterday. Cleo was very excited when she got home from school as the fridge was packed with goodies! I suppose that's one of my aims really is to get Cleo into good habits too while she's still little.

We enjoyed scrambled eggs, bacon and beans with a slice of whole meal toast. It's the first time we've all sat down together before school in months. It was nice!

I then put Georgie in the pram and did the school run and walked up the biggest hill in the world to get to nursery. I WAS WRECKED!!! Walked home afterwards in the pouring rain. It was quite nice.

Now sitting watched crap TV thinking about dinner!!

Forgot to say start weight is 15 4.5 and I'm aiming to lose around three stone. Seems a massive task.

Kate
x

Hi Kate - welcome!

It does seem like a mammoth task at first, but set yourself small goals and take it one step at a time. It certainly seems like you are off to a good start with the lovely breakfast and then exercise though :)

Will you be going to a SW class or are you just doing it yourself from home? You'll find masses of support and inspiration on this site, I couldn't have got to where I am without it.

Good luck xx

Hello! I've joined a class. They seem really nice. I've tried to do it on my own before but not done too well. I'm hoping the class routine will work. :)

Hi chick,

Stopping by to subscribe :)

Well done on the big hill - getting the body magic in us a great help!

x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It may seem like a big task but you'll get there, just break it down into smaller more "bitesize" chunks and you'll get there in no time :)

It may seem like a big task but you'll get there, just break it down into smaller more "bitesize" chunks and you'll get there in no time :)

Couldn't agree more, Ally! It helped me massively to set mini goals (they were in my sig until very recently) - get into the next stone bracket, lose 1/2 st, get club 10, whatever. When you can tick them off, you feel a huge sense of achievement!x

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to think about them now. Just had a lovely lunch; 1 slice of wholemeal bread, a pile of spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, a grated baby bel and some hot chicken. I'm stuffed. I've taken a photo of it on my iPad but can't upload it. Any advice?

Are you on the minimins app? If not, download that off the store then you should be able to upload.

Couldn't agree more, Ally! It helped me massively to set mini goals (they were in my sig until very recently) - get into the next stone bracket, lose 1/2 st, get club 10, whatever. When you can tick them off, you feel a huge sense of achievement!x

Mine are still in my sig...i like to look at them and see how far away from each i am.

Right off my backside and out I go. I've been going to see a counsellor and this is session 4. I'm still not sure how its going. My head still feels like spaghetti, I think I am expecting a quick fix but as 'Babs' says it takes a long time and effort to be able to face things again. Sounds like slimming world. :)

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's
Goal 2 - 14 7
Goal 3 - 14 4.5 (a whole stone :) )
Goal 4 - 13's

Then who knows........

Counselling was tough this afternoon. Not going to dwell on it. Had a good walk to pick Georgie up from nursery and walked back. Had a lovely tea, cous cous prawns and roasted veg. Now sitting and stewing.

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's
Goal 2 - 14 7
Goal 4 - 13's

Then who knows........

Counselling was tough this afternoon. Not going to dwell on it. Had a good walk to pick Georgie up from nursery and walked back. Had a lovely tea, cous cous prawns and roasted veg. Now sitting and stewing.

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's
Goal 2 - 14 7
Goal 4 - 13's

Then who knows........

Aww try not to let it get on too of you lovely. If you've got issues to deal with, it won't always be easy, and it won't all disappear overnight, but you're doing so well and moving in the right direction x

Thank you. :) I've only been on a day and I'm moaning.. Had a good evening though. Been looking at recipes. I love cooking and being off gives me time. Also had a G and T! Now in bed with a full stomach and a slightly fuzzy head. Did you go to see Eddie Izzard? He's my secret crush.

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's
Goal 2 - 14 7
Goal 4 - 13's

Then who knows........

Thank you. :) I've only been on a day and I'm moaning.. Had a good evening though. Been looking at recipes. I love cooking and being off gives me time. Also had a G and T! Now in bed with a full stomach and a slightly fuzzy head. Did you go to see Eddie Izzard? He's my secret crush.

Not quite so secret now... :D

I'm glad you've had a good evening. I love looking through all of the yummy recipes too, I just wish I had the time to actually make them! The G&T sounds so tempting but after what I've just had for dinner, I can't really justify more syns. A glass of water it is...:(

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's
Goal 2 - 14 7
Goal 4 - 13's

Then who knows........

We did. I love him too!

image-2542158909.jpg

I joined yesterday, a bit about me.... I'm 42 and I've always battled with my weight. I coped up to about 34 because I was very fit. All went wrong when I had my daughter, I have had a bumpy ride since then. Depression, break ups, another baby etc etc. I am now a single mum with an 8 year old and 14 month old. The last year has been very very tough and I am currently off sick with depression. I am trying to get a grip of myself and eat properly and exercise. I also on medication and receiving counselling. Babs my counsellor suggested keeping a diary so here I am!

I started properly this morning after bankrupting myself at sainsburys yesterday. Cleo was very excited when she got home from school as the fridge was packed with goodies! I suppose that's one of my aims really is to get Cleo into good habits too while she's still little.

We enjoyed scrambled eggs, bacon and beans with a slice of whole meal toast. It's the first time we've all sat down together before school in months. It was nice!

I then put Georgie in the pram and did the school run and walked up the biggest hill in the world to get to nursery. I WAS WRECKED!!! Walked home afterwards in the pouring rain. It was quite nice.

Now sitting watched crap TV thinking about dinner!!

Forgot to say start weight is 15 4.5 and I'm aiming to lose around three stone. Seems a massive task.

Kate
x

Hi and welcome to the boards. I started doing sw from home two weeks ago and have found these boards invaluable to my journey so far. A diary definitely helps. Good luck with your journey. X Beck x

Hi Beck
Thanks for the support. How are you finding it 2 weeks in?

Kate
x

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's

Thanks for asking! It's been a bit weird but good. I had my weigh in today, I lost 7.5 pounds!!!! Can't believe it. :)

Starting point - 15 4.5
Goal 1 - 14's

Hi Katie

What a fantastic start!!! That is fabulous, well done.

It's so nice that you and the children are sitting together and eating healthy meals, I'm sure it will help your daughter get into good habits!!

x

Back