Andy Murray

I've just been watching it too. What an amazing 4th set!!

On this form, I really think he can beat Federer and win the title tomorrow.

Go Murray!!! :D

did you know.. thr last time there was a britain in grand slam final was 1997.. and it was greg rusedski.. and hes not british.. lol..

michael has just informed me of this.. lol

x x

I would like to see Federer make Murray look foolish and beat him 6-0 6-0 6-0........ Never liked Andy Murray as soon as it's not going for him he gives in....... Just like he did in the Olympics and against Nadal at Wimbledon this year......... He may have beaten Federer twice but Federer is a legend of Tennis, reigning 4 time US Open champion. The only reason he has never done a clean sweep of all 4 grand slams is because Nadal is freakishly almost unbeatable on clay.

It's one thing beating Federer in some best of 3 sets no-prestige tournament. But a whole different thing doing it in a Grand Slam final.

I would like to see Federer make Murray look foolish and beat him 6-0 6-0 6-0........ Never liked Andy Murray as soon as it's not going for him he gives in....... Just like he did in the Olympics and against Nadal at Wimbledon this year......... He may have beaten Federer twice but Federer is a legend of Tennis, reigning 4 time US Open champion. The only reason he has never done a clean sweep of all 4 grand slams is because Nadal is freakishly almost unbeatable on clay.

It's one thing beating Federer in some best of 3 sets no-prestige tournament. But a whole different thing doing it in a Grand Slam final.

LOL...I knew before I read your post you was going to say this. Call it instinct. Have to agree on this one. Murray is a miserable so and so and the comment he made about the English...I'm afraid I'll be cheering on Federer. He did play amazing against Nadal though!! He clearly is getting better and better and is now 4th in the world. I just wish he'd get a personality then I'd love to cheer him on.

did you know.. thr last time there was a britain in grand slam final was 1997.. and it was greg rusedski.. and hes not british.. lol..

Andy Murray considers himself to be Scottish, not British. I therefore hope Federer wins too. :mad:

If he would embrace his 'Britishness' i too would support him.

LOL...I knew before I read your post you was going to say this. Call it instinct. Have to agree on this one. Murray is a miserable so and so and the comment he made about the English...I'm afraid I'll be cheering on Federer. He did play amazing against Nadal though!! He clearly is getting better and better and is now 4th in the world. I just wish he'd get a personality then I'd love to cheer him on.

My reputation obviously precedes me..... i was gonna mention his anti-Englishness but thought it may spark one of those "ism" debates that i seem to get involved with all the time. Granted he is doing well to be ranked 4th in the world...... but still can't see him winning a Grand Slam for the next few years if ever.

3-0

2-6/5-7/2-6

That was classic teacher and student stuff....

Apart from a slight fightback from Murray in the second set.......... that was a lesson in tennis from Federer.

Andy Murray considers himself to be Scottish, not British. I therefore hope Federer wins too. :mad:

If he would embrace his 'Britishness' i too would support him.

So because hes Scottish youd rather he was beaten and youd support the 'foreigner' :rolleyes:

Yet Im sure if hed won hed have been classed as British, as is the norm with sports people

So because hes Scottish youd rather he was beaten and youd support the 'foreigner' :rolleyes:

Yet Im sure if hed won hed have been classed as British, as is the norm with sports people

Not really...... Andy Murray has stated he would never support an English team / sportsman, i think it was during Wimbledon in 2006 when he mouthed off about English flags in the crowd....... as he his Scots i can understand his patriotism towards his home country..... if i was playing at Wimbledon i would want the crowd to sing "Land of Hope and Glory" and "Jerusalem" after each set...... but he must also accept that with that statement many English fans will want him to lose.

He has chosen to alienate himself.

Last edited:
he must also accept that with that statement many English fans will want him to lose.

I didn't. I really would have liked him to win - and been proud of his achievement as a British sportsman.

Yes, he's a patriotic Scotsman and is rightly proud of that - but he IS also British whatever he may have said about not supporting an English team in the past.

Brings back fond memories of the Scotland - England football matches that we used to have. Now, that was REAL rivalry! :D

What annoys me most though is 4th rate Tennis stars like Annabel Croft and Greg Rusedski giving opinions on how the stars perform.......

Now that's where you and I are definitely in agreement! :mad:

Not at all. He has been rude about English people, so i will not support him. I am part Welsh, English and Irish, but i still consider myself to be British.

LOL - like it or not there has been a history of Scottish sports stars suddenly described as British (by the English press) once they start to become successful. ;)

xx

I cannot understand why Scottish, Welsh, English or Irish would mind being British. I wanted 'The Foreigner' to win because he is a nicer person. Murray is arrogent and doesn't have a warm personality. I say that as an English women, but I ALWAYS support the Scottish football team (unless they are playing England of course). I bet there are not many Scots who would EVER want England to win at anything. I know for sure, most would support 'The Foreigner' and the only reason is because they want the English beaten. I really do not understand why this is the case, but to assume the English feel the same about the Scots is totally wrong. I must also add I thought Tim Henman was an annoying little so 'n' so - English or not, if they are British, but arrogent, I'll always go for the other person. (My husband is Scottish and he didn't want Murray to win either!!).

Last edited:
LOL - like it or not there has been a history of Scottish sports stars suddenly described as British (by the English press) once they start to become successful. ;)

xx

But he is British....its not like he's being called something he isn't. I view all British people as being British, yes the English included...let me check....yep still British. I really cannot understand why an issue is made out of this. Murray is both Scottish and British, why would anyone EVER get upset at him being called British.

My point was that the press call a Scottish sports star Scottish UNTIL they start winning then THE PRESS change their tune :p

Back