Ankles?

CrazyBrit

Silver Member
I've always had the world's most horrible ankles, ever since I was a teen. Rather than developing those proper ankles which, you know, have some kind of shape to them I managed to develop what can only be described as tree trunks, in spite of being fairly skinny at the time.

Naturally as I've gained weight over the years these lovely ankles haven't grown any shapelier. They are so hideous, in fact, that I've not worn a skirt in over twenty years.

As I'm already attending the gym to aid with weight loss and get fit, are there any exercises anyone can reccommend which will turn these unsightly stumps into actual, genuine ankles?

I've always had the world's most horrible ankles, ever since I was a teen. Rather than developing those proper ankles which, you know, have some kind of shape to them I managed to develop what can only be described as tree trunks, in spite of being fairly skinny at the time.

Naturally as I've gained weight over the years these lovely ankles haven't grown any shapelier. They are so hideous, in fact, that I've not worn a skirt in over twenty years.

As I'm already attending the gym to aid with weight loss and get fit, are there any exercises anyone can reccommend which will turn these unsightly stumps into actual, genuine ankles?

You can't have!! That's my claim to fame :rolleyes:

Honestly though if anyone knows please reply - oh and calfs too would be great - my thighs aren't too bad though

Well done for getting to the gym! I used to have 'cankles' as they call them lol and I've found as I've lost weight overall it's definately come off my ankles and my wrists too funnily enough. I don't think there are any specific exercises for them just keep working on toning your legs and you'll see a difference eventually. Keep chipping away and you'll get there!

I actually remember a boy at school calling me tree trunks - I think I was about 9 and definitely not overweight so I know exactly how you feel.

Don't think there is any hope for us CrazyBrit

Awwww, ladies! I'm sure you're ankles don't look half as bad as you think they do! But we all have a part of ourselves we hate, mine's my bingo wings :(

the only exercise i can think would help would be calf raises, also make sure you aren't eating too much salt in your diet as salt can cause swelling and fluid retention all over the body and try elevating your legs whilst rolling your ankles around for a couple of minutes before bed.

You cant aim to take burn fat from one particular area, I'm afraid. The body doesn't work that way. If it did, we'd all have skinny legs from years of walking and fat arms from not walking on them!

Your body likes balance, always remember that. If calories are to be burned, they'll be burned all over.

Just keep moving, keep burning those calories, and make sure you're doing your strength training! Either with bodyweight or free weights!

If the ankles are quite large, I'd also be wary of any exercises that involve jumping, hopping, or otherwise coming off the ground.

I know this isnt much to go on, but its the basics! They never change!

The squats and lunges on Sports Active combined with Sw have made a difference to mine, I had "old lady " ankles but they have trimmed down quite a bit.

Cheers all. I shall just live with my awful ankles until I'm slim enough to determine whether it's fat or just innate hideousness :D

Back