Annie's low GI diet

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Well that's my plan starting today!!! I'm not weighing in but I'm aiming to fit back into my size 14 jeans comfortably :)
After 30 days I'll review but I'd love to eat low gi forever bur I've a desperate sweet tooth - does that diminish as u eat less junk?!

Last edited:
Well done on making a plan fir yourself. The size 14 goal is as good a motivation as any. The first week on GL will be a little tough as your body will be detoxing. Definitely , the sweet cravings diminish. Chop up pear or apple and keep in a tub to pick at when you crave sugar. Really up your water to three litres a day. Sip at it throughout the day. Lots if luck. Keep logging your progress.

Thanks Molly!! I think I'll take my measurements - to have something to compare to.

How long have u been following low gi?

I'm following it for a year now. I love love love it!! I will never eat any other way. My system is never sluggish unless I have a bit of a carb binge. I feel great and my skin is fab as well. I never ever feel I'm on a diet.
Make lentil curry, bean casseroles, use quinoa or couscous instead of potato, pasta or rice.

Meant to add that taking measurements will be a great idea. Some weeks your losses might slow but you will find that your shape is changing. Measure yourself maybe every three weeks that way you will see changes. Hang up a favourite outfit that is a size too small and try it on every week when you weigh yourself. It's a great motivator when you look in the mirror and see the difference. Lots of luck.

Thanks a million!! Great idea about the size too small outfit, and god knows I've plenty to choose from;) I'd love to eat this way forever it's so healthy and natural. My favourite Friday night meal is fish and home made lentil Dahl - yum, and it's a winner on this plan!!

I just did day 1 of 30 day shred, I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but it was manageable and I enjoyed it!

Hey well done on getting through your first day of 30 day Shred. I hear it's a tough regime but really gives results. Good luck with it.

Plan today:
Breakfast - all bran and unsweetened soy
Snack: carrot and humous
Lunch: feta and leaves with balsamic and olive oil(tiny bit)
Snack : apple and few nuts
Dinner: trout and veg

+ H2O++ and day 2 of 30 day shred

I took my measurements last night so I'll have something to compare in a month, I might weigh myself then to - I'll see!

Food looks good and you are sounding positive. So all good!! Keep it up

Day 3 of shred, I only managed half the DVD today because I was trying to do it with my two wee boys there and It didn't really work, but I am going to bikram yoga for an hour and a half - although I'm dreading it and might chicken out, if I do I'll do the whole DVD later on when the kids are in bed. Food was good today considering I was at a birthday party!! No cake for me ;)

Well done on another positive day. Hope you got to your yoga.

Well, I didn't make yoga, my eldest son was a bit unwell so I didn't go, but I did do my DVD every day, I was in Dublin on a big girls night out - so food/drink not brilliant , but totally back to it now!!!!

Well done on keeping up with the DVD. Hope the little un is better now.
Glad you enjoyed your night out. I was in town last night at the theatre. City centre was heaving with activity, everyone having a good old time. No sign of the recession!!

I thought the very same about there being no recession !!
I'm struggling a bit at the minute, I miss having a class - would it be a stupid idea to join slimming world and do a low gi version, we are ttc also so i know if I do get pregnant I can keep up sw, what do u think? I'm giving up all things sweet for lent anyway

Sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. Is it because you are missing certain foods, hungry or is it more the class support. Low GL is suitable even in pregnancy as you would just increase portion sizes. SW may suit you better and you can continue to have less refined foods and starchy carbs.
You know best what will suit yourself and your lifestyle.

Ok no slimming world for me, I hate organised diet clubs with public weighing, I just get very impatient - so I'm carrying on with low gi - it makes the most sense to me!

Hi shrinkingannie, how are you getting on with the 30 day shred? I've not tried it but keep reading lots about it :)

I love the DVD it's tough but manageable and only 20 mins so doable time wise too, I did hurt my knee doing it last Friday then I was away sat and Sunday so I havent managed the 30 days straight at all, however my knee is better so I'll get back to it tonight! I would recommend it:)

Today is going well, I find if I manage the morning the rest of the day is easier, especially if I have a tiny treat after dinner - ie tiny tsp of peanut butter or 1 -2 sq of decent dark choc

Food today
Breakfast - all bran, soy milk and some linseed
Snack - apple & few nuts
Lunch - ryvita, turkey & tomatoes & yogurt
Snack - few carrot sticks & houmous
Dinner - turkey curry & v small amount basmati rice !

Back