Annie's low GI diet

Lovely food today! You are being very very good with your snacks. Are you feeling hungry? Once your body adjusts you should not feel hungry. I only ever feel hungry once I have had more processed or wheat based foods.

Thanks Molly, I am hungry today but in a normal way not ravenous or craving kinda way I just eat a wee snack, I find I get hungry quickly though, more than normal so I'm guessing that bit will settle :) I'm in work today though and it's easier than the days I'm at home tbh.

Keep up the water through the day too. It helps. Being at work helps a great deal as your mind is focussed elsewhere. Being at home is always a challenge. Keep strong. It will get easier.

Well the weekend wasn't ideal but wasn't bad either - I've read Nigel Denbys book (thanks for the recommendation Molly) I loved the way he outlines GL - nice and simple and basically focus on healthy eating for life!

I am pregnant - which is great news but I'm a bit annoyed I haven't lost any weight first. So I'm going to be very careful and eat lots of nice healthy food and no junk, I'd love to lose about 7 - 10 lbs in the first 14 weeks, sts the same then for a bit, and at the end obviously gain a bit but not too much! But as long as I'm eating healthy and doing some exercise I don't mind:)

Food today:
B'fast - porridge, with oat bran and linseed and soy milk
Snack - Half a Ginger nut and a skinny cappuccino
Snack - pear and small handful of nuts and green tea
Lunch - ryvita (2) tin of salmon, tomato and some beetroot
Snack - ? Cereal bar (late dinner tonight)
Dinner - steak and salad and veg

What wonderful news. Well done to you. I hope it all goes really well for you. GL is a great lifestyle plan that you can adapt for your pregnancy.

Thanks Molly :)

Food today:
B: muesli and blueberries
S: carrots and houmous
L: ryvita with tinned salmon, tomatoes and Mayo
S: apple and few nuts
S: cereal bar
D: prawn chilli stir fry with few noodles

I swam 35 lengths last night, plan to walk for about 30 mins tonight

Plus 2 crackers and peanut butter

I walked for 25 mins, Im really starting to love the low GL way of life, I feel way better than normal, and I should be feeling more wrecked!!

Last edited:
Yep, I feel I have way more energy too. If I have much wheat or carb rich foods then I really feel sluggish and weary!!!

Thanks ladies!

Food today

B muesli and blueberries
S carrot and homous
L avocado tomato and chickpea salad
S nuts
S cereal bar, cracker and p.butter
D Irish stew ( only a couple of potatoes)

30 minute walk with doggy :)

Terrible day to day:( my friend brought over a cake and I ate half it, then 2 kit kats and a bag of maltesers, now I've an awful headache and feel exhausted - I'm back to nice healthy GL right now, Jamaican curried mutton for dinner - yum!!

It's happened so get over it. You can see how one refined carb fest( the cake) led to a load( maltesers kitkat). Once you start the sugar spikes and you just can't get enough.
Forgive yourself and get back on track. Good luck for a good day tomorrow.

Annie, hope you are back in control. Remember too that your hormones will be all over the place so you have to give in to some temptation. Don't be overzealous, you are feeding two now!

It happens to us all :) I knew before that eating that didn't help me much but I can really see how it affects me just in these few short weeks of consciously eating low GI. Hope your day went well.

Hiya, thanks for your replies yes I'm back on track, I'm not being as strict as I was, I'm eating a bit more pitta bread etc. But avoiding sugar, and junk! I do feel nauseated a lot now especially when I get hungry, and nibbling on crisps is tempting but it doesnt help anyway, so I'm telling myself eating regular and keeping my blood sugar pretty steady is the best thing.

Food today!
Meusli and soy milk
Apple and nuts
Soup, pitta, turkey tomato and coleslaw
Sq dark chocolate
Shepards pie

Hope the morning sickness is not too bad. Good to see you are able to make healthy choices.

Back