Another crap water weekend...

lunar jim

Gold Member
Drank nowhere near what I should have done water-wise this weekend, again...

Drinking water is easy during the week, working from home the fridge is close by and I just grab a glass from the Brita jug and this does me nicely.

But on weekends we're usually out doing stuff, and it's not easy to carry around the amount of water needed... Does anyone have suggestions as to a solution???

I find it harder to drink at the weekends too lunarjim. I carry a 75ml water bottle around with me and fill it up at taps where possible. Otherwise I just have to buy a new bottle.

I know I hate when i'm out having to run to the loo all the time so i catch up when i get home and just keep downing water. My losses are soooo much better when i drink 4 litres a day so thats what i aim for xxx

Hey LJ..
I also find it harder at the weekends.. I tend to try and get a few litres down me before I go out...... have some when out and then have the rest when I get back.. Its hard otherwise keep needing to go to the toilet..
As long as you are doing well in the week a little less on the weekend I cant imagine will do much damage x

IKWYM Sunshine! According to the WII fit I've only lost 1lb since WI on Thursday. Hopefully I can catch up before next WI...

Hey LJ..
I also find it harder at the weekends.. I tend to try and get a few litres down me before I go out...... have some when out and then have the rest when I get back.. Its hard otherwise keep needing to go to the toilet..
As long as you are doing well in the week a little less on the weekend I cant imagine will do much damage x

Yeah I'll give that a try next weekend. Sunday will be hard for that though; I have a lie in on Sunday (Mrs L has one on Saturday, it's the only way we can do it with the kids...), only till about 9am but it doesn't give much cramming time before we go out anywhere. I'm sure I'll manage :D

Time for some soup now anyway, chicken and mushroom...

I have turned into a water freak, I dont leave my house without putting 3 bottles of water ina cooling box in the boot of my car, I have bottles everywhere, in my bedroom, at work, in the living room is crazy. I am just obssesed with water but I have always drank it even before CD, I have really dry skin so in order to keep it hydrated I drink tons. It is harder when youre out and about and what I found is the amount of weight it adds to your handbag, my shoulders are aching constantly.

Jim, I have exactly the same problem. We are often out somewhere with the kids at the weekend, so it's hard to keep up the water... especially with the need to pee every 10 mins! I've kinda resigned myself to the fact that the weekend water amounts are going to be less than the weekdays. What i've now decided to do is what I don't drink at the weekend (albeit 1 or 2 litres less a day) I am trying to spread that extra over the week. I normally drink 4 litres so if I only drink 4 over the weekend I've got another 4 to spread out. (hope that makes sense??)

Oh hahahahahahahah. I see, feel silly now! lol

I always drank 1.5ltrs a day before CD but upping to 4 took time. I struggled at first with 2! Yep my place is full of bottles too. We buy in bulk so they are everywhere xxx

Haha yeah, I've got a Makro card and we've always bought sparkling water from there so when I started on CD I bought 3x24 packs of still water and it lasted no time, and we were up to our ears in plastic bottles. So after a couple of weeks Mrs L bought a Brita jug which is loads better. I just top my glass up from the fridge and then top the jug up when I've emptied it.

But thanks all, you've given me some good tips so roll on the weekend (lol, coz it's Monday).

I've a business meeting and a 500 mile round-trip in the car on Wednesday. Looks like I'll be stopping for a pee at every service station...

Jim... just thought of a use for all your empty bottles on your 500 mile journey ;) just in case you don't make it to the next services!!!

Jim... just thought of a use for all your empty bottles on your 500 mile journey ;) just in case you don't make it to the next services!!!

Lol! Have you ever noticed those bottles which lie at the side of the motorway...

Maybe I could just aim out of the open window :D

The M25 is just full of people on CD...

Back