Another Disaster Thread!

Scanbran

Stupid Member
I've been away from here for a while, and have also quit going to class and stopped exercising completely.

As a result, I have been off-plan, overeating and gaining weight.

I think I stopped posting because of guilt through not being on the plan, and eating totally the wrong things.
I justified it to myself by thinking that as I had been attending class for 9 months regularly, I could do this myself.

Sadly, the discipline isn't there.

I don't know why I expected it would be, as I have struggled all my life with overeating and bad diet, and I've never been able to discipline myself before.

Anyway, this is just a cautionary post, saying because I've not been to class or been careful with what I am eating, I've put on a nice big fat 9lbs of weight that now needs to come off again.

It's only thanks to a nice message from one of you great guys on here that I'm back on here, and hopefully back to healthy eating too (thanks Divvy).

I just realised that I have a problem that I need help with and a structure to do so, and that it is very difficult to do on my own, and I think I might rejoin class this week as an early Christmas present to myself.

Rant over :D

Well I am only a newbie here but think that you've made a positive step coming back and I'm sure you'll lose those gained pounds in no time x

welcome back and im sure with the right support and motivation you will soon be back in the swing of things :)
it took my 4 attempts to get to where i am now and believe me i know where your coming from, part of me knows that it will be ohhh so easy to slip back into old habits, as you can see ive had quite a journey in relativly a short space of time and being a consultant certainly is helping
so set mini targets, dont beat yourself up and get those support numbers and use them

Well done for realising what was happening when it was just 9lbs and not 69lbs!

Now you know when you get to target you need to continue going to class to stay on track. Even with this little blip your still over halfway there. You can do it

Thanks for the positive comments.

Yep, I can actually see myself sliding backwards, and it is really scary!

Of course, I've lost weight and put it on again before, but I really can't face doing it all again. More importantly, I can't afford to get to that size I was again, for the sake of my health AND my wardrobe!
I threw all my old clothes out! :eek:

This is not at all a 'disaster' thread- it is the thread of a man who has faced his laspe, admitted his fault, got straight back on track and been brave enough to share this. I call that an inspirational thread, mate!

WELL DONE to you- we are all easily capable of falling off the wagon. It is what we do once we fall off that defines how strong we are

xxxx

My thoughts exactly... no disasters here, you've had a blip, recognised your behaviour was spiralling out of control and done something about it.

Sending you lots of love and luck in continuing your journey xxxx

This is not at all a 'disaster' thread- it is the thread of a man who has faced his laspe, admitted his fault, got straight back on track and been brave enough to share this. I call that an inspirational thread, mate!

WELL DONE to you- we are all easily capable of falling off the wagon. It is what we do once we fall off that defines how strong we are

xxxx

Hi don't worry you are not alone. I have had a very bad 3 weeks where i thought i could without sw but i was very wrong. I also stopped coming onto this forum regularly (guilt mainly too) and have struggled staying on sw. I weighed in group yesterday and gained 4lbs! I wont be going back to sw untill after new year but i will be coming onto this forum everyday for the motivation and support i need and to lose those xtra lbs and more. The fact that you recognise you need the help and discipline of sw and this forum is a great step foward and will help you get closer to that target xx

xxxx

Could not have put it better myself.

Congratulation on salvaging all your hard work when your weight gain is relatively little.

I agree with everyone else ... its a small blip and 9lb is a small amount compared to what it could have been so well done for coming back xxx good luck xxx

Welcome back !

Wow, thanks a lot guys!

After reading through these I've decided to rejoin my class tomorrow night - probably a good time as it will get busy after Christmas! :D

Back