Another newbie on day 2

Hey welcome Misshapp and well done today on your willpower that must of been so hard!
Stay focused on your goal and from next week it will get easier ;)

MissHapp said:
Hi everyone - been lurking for a while now and figured I should start posting!

I've struggled on and off with weight for most of my adult life. I successfully went from 18st to 12.5st in 2008 through calorie counting and exercise but then got pregnant with number 2 and am now 16st 8lbs - and ready to face the challenge of getting it off and the even bigger challenge of keeping it off!

I'm 40 later this year, so I'm determined to be a lot healthier by then, although I may not quite have reached goal by then - aiming for 11st. 10.5 st would be great, but I have no idea really about how I'll feel, so am going to play that by ear.

Currently on day 2 - I'm doing 3 packs a day as I want to continue eating - mainly to set an example to my children. Going ok so far - today has been a real test for me - trip to Starbucks (black coffee) followed by family birthday meal out (salad) followed by cake (sipping cup of tea!) I reckon I've exercised a fair bit of willpower there!

Just gotta take each day at a time.

Hi MissHapp :)
I'm 40 in a couple of months and also aiming for around 11 stone but probably not by my birthday - people say this diet's good but I don't want to be unrealistic!!! Like you, I've struggled most of my adult life too. I had my son just before my 19th birthday and my weight has been very up and down since. He's 21 in July and I'm 40 in August!
I feel that I need to do this now before I get any older.
You have done well today so it is possible. Keep posting so we can help each other along :) xxx

Welcome and good luck. I too am overweight struggled really bad. Lost 7 stone on slimming world. But now but 3 stone back on so here I am tryin to lose it before my holiday in 9 weeks

Back