Another * question - sorry

curvesncurls

:wave_cry:
Just wondering if any of you have found a change in your cycle through SW? I've nearly a stone and a half off, but the last two months have been really light, sort of start-stop cramping for the first day or two, and then one normal day and then over. TMI, sorry. Before I'd three to four heavy days, and then over. Can't figure out if it's just one of those things or if losing weight changes things.

Any thoughts peeps?:confused:

Mine have become more regular...I used to have a period roughly every 7 or 8 weeks, now they're appearing once every 5 weeks. And unfortunately for me they've become even heavier :( I've had a coil fitted though recently, so now I don't have much of a clue when to expect a period, lol! xx

Mine have become more regular...I used to have a period roughly every 7 or 8 weeks, now they're appearing once every 5 weeks. And unfortunately for me they've become even heavier :( I've had a coil fitted though recently, so now I don't have much of a clue when to expect a period, lol! xx

Im going in to discuss the coil with my doctor on Tuesday- did it hurt? I have no children and I have heard it hurts!!!!!!

Did anything change majorly? I put on a stone when I went on the pill which lead to putting on more weight!

Curvesandcurls-My periods always have been horrible, 4 weekly and last 10 days :( I dont expect them to change!!!

Thanks

Ruth
x

I have the contraceptive injection every 12 weeks, no more periods. Slight carb cravings just before next injection. best thing I ever had, had heavy periods on the pill and weigh gain.

In 2010 I don't think i had a period, at all. :(

I had one in the beginning of this year and had 3 TOM's this year. I was 3 weeks late this time. I hope that they will be regular now that i am losing weight.

I have noticed that I was light compared to other times. Normally I am heavy for the first 2-3 days then it lightens off..

I hope it continues likes this. I didn't get any cramps at all this month too.

Do you guys put weight on during these weeks?

Thanks NikkiD!

Roziee- I lose weight when im on my TOM!!! I know lots of people put weight on!

Ruth
x

Im going in to discuss the coil with my doctor on Tuesday- did it hurt? I have no children and I have heard it hurts!!!!!!

Did anything change majorly? I put on a stone when I went on the pill which lead to putting on more weight!

Curvesandcurls-My periods always have been horrible, 4 weekly and last 10 days :( I dont expect them to change!!!

Thanks

Ruth
x

Hiya hun. I did find it quite painful when they were dilating the cervix, probably because I haven't had children. The most bizarre thing that I found was that my legs wouldn't stop shaking while I was on the table...I'm assuming this is due to the nerves in the cervix! I had excrutiating cramps for the whole of that evening which tablets didn't touch, then I had about a week of normal cramps with some spotting. I bled for about 18 days after that first week, about 10 days heavy then 8 light, but it's finally stopped now!! :D Fingers crossed that the next period is more normal. I just like the fact that I can keep the mirena coil in for 5 years and not have to worry too much about it.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread! xx

dudette2001uk Thanks very much!!!
I think im going to get it done it will be the best thing for me! I get migraines for 5 days in a row around my TOM and im currently on Cilest mixed pill. I went on cerazette which made me REALLY ill and also mycrogynon that doesnt agree with me. Coil all the way- yeah i like the fact that its 5 years too! I dont want to have kids for 6/7 years so this is ideal! Im sure i can cope with the pill if it works in the long run :)
Has it affected your weight loss at all or was that not a problem in the first place?

Ruth
x

Trefoil said:
dudette2001uk Thanks very much!!!
I think im going to get it done it will be the best thing for me! I get migraines for 5 days in a row around my TOM and im currently on Cilest mixed pill. I went on cerazette which made me REALLY ill and also mycrogynon that doesnt agree with me. Coil all the way- yeah i like the fact that its 5 years too! I dont want to have kids for 6/7 years so this is ideal! Im sure i can cope with the pill if it works in the long run :)
Has it affected your weight loss at all or was that not a problem in the first place?

Ruth
x

I wouldnt do this without consulting your doctor but has any one recommended taking your pill with less regular breaks? I had similar problems with headaches no matter what pill i was on and was eventually advised to take two or three packs back to back.

Hi funky monkey!
I have an appointment tuesday morning with my gp about the coil etc. I have actually been offered it before last year but didnt take it as my mum talked me out of it saying it was really odd. However the pill was the start of my weight gain. I only started gaining weight when I went on the pill after meeting my OH in 2006.
I've never been advised to take 2-3 packs back to back- Ill mention it but i need to get rid of the pill and its hormone content too as it affects my moods and also makes me want to shovel chocolate into my mouth just before my TOM!!

Ruth
x

Don't have contraception needs at the mo:sigh:, but one of these days :rolleyes::);)
Yeah, might be just a change being more healthy, so we'll watch and see.

xx

I have PCOS, and so generally find that when my weight exceeds 16st they start to become irregular. I have noticed they now last a little longer than they used to - gutted!

Coil - I have one but I do have a sprog. Hormone based contraception never agreed with me (I put on nearly 4 stone in 3 months after two depo provera injections 15 years ago, and have never lost that weight). It is recommended to take paracetomol the night before AND a couple of hours before you get it fitted. It didn't hurt for me (having had my cervix stretched through childbirth) but I would say it was uncomfortable, slightly more so than a smear. Best thing ever though. Love my coil, just a shame its purpose is now redundant for me #gagging! :)

Back