antibiotics and LL

Donnalou86

Striving for slimness
Hi does anyone know whether I'm allowed to take anti biotics while in abstinance? Reckon I should ring my LLC and ask?

I'm not qualified but I am taking erythromycin during my abstinence but it's a long term medication.
If you need antibiotics then I would think they take precedence over being in ketosis, I'd ask your GP's advice.

I hd antibiotics when on LL and had no effect on ketosis etc. LL advice will always be to do what your doctor tells you to do - no point being thin and ILL!!!

yeah you're right like. Its just I have terrible toothache and dentist said its an absess on my tooth and has given me antibiotics, have to get my tooth pulled out on april 4th...aaaarrghhhh!!

The infection is what's causing the pain, and it won't go without the anti biotics, and without the infection gone then the dentist won't pull the tooth so it's in your own best interests to take them. :)

The antibiotics will not knock you out of ketosis, just make sure to follow the label with regards to taking your particular antibiotic before or after food (packs) as you don't want them to make you feel sick!
Hope you feel better soon, xx :hug99:

Donna i have had amoxcillin a few times whilst being on LL and be warned, u may get the runs, due to the effect of not having proper food! Take care, i know exactly the pain that ur going through.

I was supposed to be having my wisdom teeth taken out in an operation today, but cancelled it a coupls of days ago, as they weren't able to operate unless i was easting food 5 days before, so have delayed until end of the year now.

Back