Any 40 somethings on here ??

janiebaby

Well at 47 , i'm nearly soon to be 50 , but dont want to be fat at 50 !!
ive did SW ten years ago and found the weight easy to shift , but at my age find it harder !!
it makes me cherish EVERY pound that i lose :D
how are you finding it ??

I'm 44 and do find it slow going. I am not gonna complain though the weight is coming off slowly but surely...I've been slim for most of my life, but the last seven or so years has seen my weight balloon. I don't wanna be fat at fifty so here goes!

I'm 47 as well although am 48 in November! Apart from my Thorntons blip yesterday I'm finding it OK so far.

I'm 42. First time on SW and have been really enjoying it but am having a hard time this week.

My new goal is to fit in one of Dannii Minogue's new designs which only go up to a 14, I suspect a not too generous 14 too.

Christmas hopefully but it depends on how many difficult weeks I get.

I'm 41 and this is my 'gawd knows how many attempts at SW' lol
Sadly I have dieted most of my adult life! I'm never massively overweight but I just have to keep an eye on what I eat.

I do find that the weight doesn't drop off like it used to but when I mentioned this at my SW class my consultant disagreed.....I'm not so sure though as I know my own body!
We have a lady at class who has lost nearly 10 stone and she is 60 so the argument of losing weight slowly with age is a no no!
I say every one is different and I think it also depends on whether its your fist time dieting too.

I just turned 48 in June, I'm definitely finding it a lot harder to lose weight nowadays :(
My periods are all over the place, I had 3 in July! It's embarrassing in class having to say I've got my period again because I've only had a small loss or sts, I'm sure everyone thinks I'm using it as an excuse because I'm not following the plan. I want to scream at them, 'No, it's not an excuse I really am having a period every other week!'
Having PMT makes me want to eat chocolate, which I am managing to resist. I also retain a lot of water and get heavy swollen breasts. I'm hoping when all this perimenopausal stuff finally stops I will find it easier.
Sorry if all this is TMI :eek:

I'm 41 and this is my 2nd time on SW. I lost 2.5stones the last time but got fed up because I'm a slow loser and it took me 18 months to do that. I approached 40 and had put most of it back on :( I was determined i wasnt going to be fat and forty so I did the Cambridge diet, lost over 4 stone and now have 1.5 stones left that I want to lose. As you can see below, its not happening and am currently doing SW's Fast Forward in the hope of a major weight loss and boost before my holiday. Fingers crossed, 2 more weigh-ins before we go :D It does help though, that hubby is doing SW with me and got his 1/2 stone weight award on Thursday :)

Hi all! I am 48 and only been back on Sw for a week. Really determined to lose weight as cant afford a whole new wardrobe!
Wouldn't mind but as a child/teenager I used to get called names like Twiggy and skinny belinkie !!) cause I was so thin!! If only I knew what I know now!! lol

I'm 45 and find sw easy to lose weight on. If I gain or sts I can usually work out why.
Saying that, I did abandon sw for months due to son's disability, (long story) and put on every thing I previously lost!
My periods have been stupid to, mumoftwo, but instead of getting closer, they are now 6-7 weeks apart!
Old age, who'd have it!

I'm 42. Not sure how many times done SW but lost 3 stone on it last time (but did take me over 18 months as faffed about!)

I've GOT to do it this time as booked wedding for 25th August next year so got a smidgen over a year to lose as much as poss!!

OOOh a fair few of us !!
i still havent had my menopause yet , but i aint looking forward to it !!

Touch wood mine won't be too bad as the women in my family that have reached it seemed to not have too much problem!

Which part of Essex are you in JB? I was born and bought up in Chadwell Heath and have lived Romford, Basildon & Harlow. xxx

I started slimming world towards the end of my menopause and still lost weight albeit slowly. I am now 53 and lighter than i have been for 22 years xx

I am 41, 42 next month. I got to target (i have to say quite easily) last October so am approaching the first anniversary of target. I have a lot of willpower, so I know I am very lucky.;)

Back